Thayne Weston
United States
Nibley
Utah
flag msg tools
The die has been cast- Julius Caesar
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does the money lender allow you to trash just one copper or does it let you trash all coppers in your hand?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Judd
United States
Wright City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mb
negmon wrote:
Does the money lender allow you to trash just one copper or does it let you trash all coppers in your hand?

When you play a moneylender, you are allowed to trash one copper. If you play a card that allows you to play moneylender more than once (such as Throne Room), you can trash one copper for each time you play moneylender.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tootsie Roll
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
I came. I saw.
badge
I lost miserably.
mbmbmbmbmb
It only lets you trash one copper.

Dominion cards are very specific. If it does not tell you to do more than one, you can only do one. Now if you throne room the money lender, you can trash one for each time it is played, making you to trash 2 copper if you have them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Cordeiro
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One copper each time you play it. So, once you shuffle your discards and draw moneylender again, you can play it again and trash another copper. And as others have said, if you play throne room, then moneylender, you can trash 2 coppers in one turn. If you don't gain any copper or trash copper in any other manner, you'll be able to use the moneylender a maximum of 7 times.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wolfe
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Zendo fan, Columbus Blue Jackets fan, Dominion Fan.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cordeiro wrote:
And as others have said, if you play throne room, then moneylender, you can trash 2 coppers in one turn.

Not only can you, but you must, if able.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Mills
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, but what happens if you Throne Room a Moneylender?

(Sorry, couldn't resist! Please don't hurt me.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
manydills wrote:
Ok, but what happens if you Throne Room a Moneylender?

(Sorry, couldn't resist! Please don't hurt me.)

You play 1 moneylender, if you have a copper in your hand you trash it and get +3 money.

Then you play another moneylender (by which I mean it gets played a second time like throne room instructs you to) if you have a copper in your hand you trash it and get +3 money

So If you had at least 2 coppers in your hand you trash 2 coppers and get a total of +6 to spend. If you only had 1 copper in your hand the first money lender trashes it and the second money lender does nothing. Likewise if you had 0 coppers in your hand both money lenders do nothing.

It should be noted that the copper trashing is not optional. Moneylender is one of the early card which should have included text such as "may trash a copper" or "reveal a hand with no coppers" in order to avoid a (extreamly) minor rules issue where someone who plays moneylender can claim not to have a copper without actually needing to prove it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Mills
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Although I think I should have made my sarcasm a bit clearer. I was mostly just poking fun at the fact that 3 out of the 5 posts in the thread stated how to resolve TR/Moneylender.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennison Milenkaya
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What? Where did they talk about Trade Route/Moneylender??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.