Popular Tags: [View All]
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
Photo album move by move + bonus rookie errors

I'm not much of card/block game guy but this one intrigues me.

As you will see I started out the game by 'playing my hand' like you would any other game.....tsk tsk.

Patience is the true Japanese sense is the first lesson I learned.

We want to accumulate cards, not spend them. Despite a some what fruitless land grab for resources, not much happened. I re organized some units, mustered for Ishida.

As I now see how the battle system works I realize that having ALL the same army in the same spot may not be a good thing.... Compounded by the similarities of mon in the random draws at start, that matched to mons on board. Whilst you retain a benefit for same clan blocks in attack, you are limited in deploying those blocks by your cards in hand.

By the end of Turn 1 Tokugawa has begun postioning for a push on Kyoto /Osaka. But of course that cant happen without - yes you guessed it cards.

Ishida clan has spread them selves around a little and missed a few resources but they have the same number of Castles still as Tokugawa.
on to Turn 2
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tom moughan
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
ahh....I love the smell of a stack of sketchily placed animals in the morning!
mbmbmbmbmb
don't spread yourself too thin......

I have only played Ishida and that is likely the biggest mistake I ever made.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Lenz
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmb
With Ishida, I have found that one of your best strategies is to wait for the attack or be patient. Build your forces, muster in the more armies, and prepare to move out in a wave of force that Tokugawa has to recon with as you move to conquer resource spots and castles. ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
LaffyTaffy wrote:
With Ishida, I have found that one of your best strategies is to wait for the attack or be patient. Build your forces, muster in the more armies, and prepare to move out in a wave of force that Tokugawa has to recon with as you move to conquer resource spots and castles. ninja

Great advice. After the first 2 turns.... I realized that card or hand management was key, or EVEN MORE important than expected.

So both "players" attempted different strategies to absorb or use the enemies cards up where they were not meant to be used. As TOK, I could not even imagine unleashing that horde of units waiting to come on board....
So I simple went for castles.

The Album is not updated with the full 7 turns. I'm writing a blog post about it. Not sure I shall post blow by blow here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.