Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joel Hedlund
United States
Cornelius
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've searched the threads here (PR:Anniversary ed.) and on Treasure Chest and didn't see any detailed reviews on the second expansion. We've played with these buildings twice now and it seems that some of these buildings are overly powerful. The jewelry/villa combination is killer and has made money irrelevant, ensuring enough for a large building purchase on essentially every builder phase. Guild Hall now has the potential for a 12vp bonus.

How do you like the Nobles Expansion and do you have any recommendations or strategies? Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tadeu Zubaran
Brazil
Porto Alegre
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Just read the rules, did not play it yet. It sounds inelegant to be honest, sounds like a clunky addition to a game with a very clean elegant design.

Not really looking forward to play with it but I will certainly try to see how it plays. Not sure if the buildings are actually that good, will have to play to see.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
A fan of new Knizia games
mbmbmbmbmb
You have to read these buildings carefully. Doesn't the jeweller only pay out for each noble on the island (i.e. not in buildings).

Edit - this also applies to the Royal Supplier and the bonus large building at the end of the game (the Garden?).

We fell for this big time in our first game - didn't feel right, and it wasn't!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.