Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Sturm
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems like there was some rumbling that they might be arriving this week, but I haven't seen them anywhere yet. Anybody seen them yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Reil
United States
Barre
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not yet. I have an order with Cool Stuff Inc that's waiting for one. Still just says Jan. 2012.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Menzel
United States
Montpelier
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
Missed it by that much ...
mbmbmbmbmb
My order from Thoughthammer is still processing

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
V. Romero
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered the card box with sleeves, and that product is being shipped with the upgrade kit.
I never thought I'd get impatient over waiting for an order, but now I'm getting downright antsy.

Who thought of shipping them apart from the game?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
romevi86 wrote:
I ordered the card box with sleeves, and that product is being shipped with the upgrade kit.
I never thought I'd get impatient over waiting for an order, but now I'm getting downright antsy.

Who thought of shipping them apart from the game?!

From what I understand it wasn't intentional. There were some unanticipated issues with the boxes that delayed them. Read that somewhere from one of the designers on another thread. Glad the games got shipped before Christmas at least.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bauman
United States
Santa Cruz
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't really understand what there is to be antsy about. It's not like the product is going to disappear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
V. Romero
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Frohike wrote:
I don't really understand what there is to be antsy about. It's not like the product is going to disappear.

I'm antsy because the order is tied with War of the Ring, Puerto Rico, and Dominion: Hinterlands, as well as some card sleeves for my current Dominion cards.
I ordered them all together to save on shipping from CoolStuffInc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Sabo
United States
Asheville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My FLGS said their distributor is scheduled to get them January 19.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bauman
United States
Santa Cruz
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
romevi86 wrote:

I'm antsy because the order is tied with War of the Ring, Puerto Rico, and Dominion: Hinterlands, as well as some card sleeves for my current Dominion cards.
I ordered them all together to save on shipping from CoolStuffInc.

Ah, ok, that makes sense.

I actually envy those of you who got the first edition. I'm not that pleased with the quality of the board on 2nd ed, especially for the price.

The print rubs off (very visible on the edges and several places inside the map at this point as well) and the fold is backwards with the printed side facing outward with the black reverse side neatly protected (ironically, it's pristine and unworn).

It makes this "collector's" tin seem superfluous, but I guess I'll get it anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Di Meglio
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
This is very strange. There is a matt varnish coat on the board (same as 1st edition), so definitely it should not be "rubbing off".

The way the maps are printed in 1st edition and 2nd edition is also the same (printed side out when folded).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bauman
United States
Santa Cruz
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got a replacement board, which was packaged really poorly and had the exact same problems (in addition to a bunch of scuffs and dents), only these were exacerbated by the packaging or lack thereof. So at this point, I'm just happy with my original 2nd ed board and will be really careful with because it really does seem prone to wear.

It seems to me that if so much of the printing had rubbed off of the edges in transit that this is pretty much what happened to my original board only less visibly so because it was sitting inside the original box insert.

I don't want to sound too negative & pissy since the game is fantastic and I'm really really happy that you guys re-printed it; and for the most part this is good quality stuff.

But you might want to look into the quality of that finish when you make a second print run.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stacey Hager
United States
Charleston
West Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I haven't mentioned this to anyone yet, but I noticed when I first saw the board that some of the print seems to have rubbed out, exposing the board material beneath. The "grain" of the board to the touch runs seamlessly into the surrounding print area. Will see how it holds up when I play the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Fogg
Spain
Madrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got a minor hitch with one of the map halves: it is slightly bent, and a bit uncomfortable to play with, but nothing serious.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ilya Vytenov
Russia
Novosibirsk
Novosibirskaya Oblast
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any news about the availability? I also have an order tied with Card Box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Galaxy is Just Packed!
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Matt, I got them in today.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Sturm
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
bryanwinter wrote:
Hi Matt, I got them in today.

I saw that! Thanks for the heads up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.