Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Carlos Alberto Rodriguez M.
Colombia
Bogotá
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello.

The rules say: "dungeon run is a 1-6 players", and the game setup say: "shuffle the standard dungeon tiles and place 4 per player ...", but the game only brings 16 standard dungeon tiles (max. 4 players). I missing tiles? Or 5 and 6 players play with the same setup for 4 players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam DiRocco
United States
North Lima
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a Amateur Extra Class Ham radio Operator -- W8SDD
mbmbmbmbmb
The last section of the rulebook, just after the Solitaire rules is the section for 5 to 6 players. It says that there are not enough tiles to do the basic setup as for a 4 player game. You just use all (26, both standard and special ) of the tiles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly N.
United States
Richmond
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a 5 player game the other night, and it worked out just fine with all tiles. The game did not fall short in any way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maxime Yazz
Canada
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good to know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Jordal
United States
Austin
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Ike Clanton painted by me for Wild West Exodus
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, for me 3-6 players is good. I don't really like the two player game, but have not tried the single player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the wording of the "5-6 Player" section in the rulebook did a disservice to the game by making it sound like it doesn't play well with these numbers. Instead of saying, "Dungeon Run can be played with 5-6 players, though there will not be enough dungeon tiles to meet the requirements in the setup rules" it should have simply said, "Here are the setup rules for 5-6 players."

The game plays just fine with 5-6 players, though it will be a longer game since it has more players, of course. Even if there were enough tiles to meet the normal setup requirements, I would recommend using a reduced tile set with that many players to help mitigate the longer playtime.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I concur that the game plays fine with 6 players. Having more tiles would have really taken the playtime to an unacceptable level.

-Ski

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.