Subject: West Road Traveler Ability? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Thomas
United States
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
When using West Road Traveler's ability do you resolve the "travel" effect of the location you are switching to the active location?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
merryprankster wrote:
When using West Road Traveler's ability do you resolve the "travel" effect of the location you are switching to the active location?

I don't know if there is an official ruling. The rules state that a travel effect is a cost or restriction that must be paid or met in order to travel to a location. West Road Traveller is simply switching the cards. You're not actually traveling to the location via the travel mechanic, so it seems the travel effect should be ignored; which does seem odd, given the name of the card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ludlow
United States
Saint Louis Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
merryprankster wrote:

No. The forced effects on Tower Gate, The North Stair, and The Brown Lands would also not be triggered, because this isn't "traveling" it's "moving locations around via a player card effect."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Thomas
United States
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks. That was the way I have been playing (makes WRT pretty useful at times), but I wasn't entirely sure my assumption was correct.

Appreciate the response!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.