Subject: Twin Cities 18XX rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike S.
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm look to form a semi-regular group of 18XX gamers in the metro area, ideally for weekend play dates, but also other dates also considered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brenden Johnson
United States
Lakeville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How do you feel about 18xx newbies? I've played 1/2-3/4 of a poorly taught 1830 game at GenCon 2010 but enjoyed it.

Friday evenings/nights are unlikely to be free for me most of the time, but you never know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Mosher
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
justplainchips wrote:
How do you feel about 18xx newbies?
Also new to 18xx here, but interested in putting my copy of the new edition of 1830 to use.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Buckland
United States
Burnsville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Burnsville 18xxer here. Friday evenings tough for me as well.
Saturday mornings work best.
Some weeknights, but 1830 can run too long.
Good for learning, perhaps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike S.
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Noobs (AKA fresh-fish, chum, shark-bait) are welcome!

arrrh

We'll probably play one or more games at the Boardgame Madness event next weekend, and possibly again at St. Albert's in Feb.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Enns
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be bringing my copy of 1830 to the Fargo Gaming Challenge this weekend. If anyone here is coming to that event, I would love to get into a game of it. Look for the tall guy ( most likely sitting down though ).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark J
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to join you guys Mike for some 18xx. However I only like the games that are similar to 1830 (small private companies and larger corporations) The 18xx that add minor companies that can be merged together... not a fan of that system.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Mosher
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Any 18xx novices (or tolerant experts) want to meet up for a game of 1830 sometime? (Also, I'd be interested in playing someone's copy of 1850, but I'm getting ahead of myself.)

I've messed around with the PC game enough to want to experience this face-to-face now.

Q: What's more demoralizing than spending a Saturday evening playing 1830 with Ames, Gould, Huntington, and Vanderbilt on a DOS emulator? A: Submitting a photograph about it to BGG and having it declined.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike S.
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
firstbass wrote:
Any 18xx novices (or tolerant experts) want to meet up for a game of 1830 sometime? (Also, I'd be interested in playing someone's copy of 1850, but I'm getting ahead of myself.)
Sure. Send a PM.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Mosher
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
mike18xx wrote:
Sure. Send a PM.
Thanks, Mike, done. I was thinking of going to the (new) Source on Friday around 6, thinking there would be 18xx going on there anyway. Another BGG user GMed me and is available then too.

I am hopeful that new Source means more room for gaming.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike S.
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
At this point I am really looking for non-store gaming locations. Lately we've had a lot of success meeting in churches and conferences.

I recommend joining http://www.twincitiesboardgames.com/ and looking at the Meetup calender; there's usually something every week. I will be present at most meets at the St. Louis Park Byerly's and at St. Albert the Great. This Saturday I'll be at http://www.meetup.com/eurogames/events/56955832/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike S.
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Reminder that tomorrow is the first day of Minneapolis Boardgame Madness. See you there!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Mosher
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Anyone interested in 18xx (or AoS or...) today, Sunday, or Monday?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.