Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Sundström
Sweden
Bollnäs
Hälsingland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I introduced Josefine, Henrik and Thomas to the game yesterday. I had only olayed it once - the day before with my mother and my eight-year old little sister. This time, after I explained the rules, we went in to the pyramid of Horus. I played with Chantal, Henrik with Rasputin, Josefine with Maki and Thomas with Abdel. Everyone went for the early treasures eagerly and all equipment cards went fast. Also, three turns in, the stone blocks had landed on the same row and thus threatening to seal us in right from the start. Still, we al went ahead straight for the sand pit and aligator pool.

Josefine picked up wound after wound and eventually decided to leave. Thomas followed suit and was a turn or two behind her. Further in, Henrik was trapped in a corner by an idol by two of the mummies and got two wounds in two turns. I debated with myself wether or not I should leave too or go for one last treasure. The greed won, so I bolted for the sarcophagus in the same corner where Henrik had been trapped. I got the treasure and a fourth mummie wound to show for it, and then I started to chase Henrik to get the hell out of there.

Henrik made it to the entrence area while I was still in the sand pit when he decided to use his clairvoyance ability. He picked a stone block, looked over to where I was standing and then put it back in the box. Then he chose another and placed it beside the board. I looked at it and it said '7'. I looked at the board and saw that it would land right in front of Henrik, sealing us both in. So it was over, Josefine and Thomas had gotten out alive and they counted their loot. Thomas won 22 to 20. Henrik and I counted ours just for fun and we ended up with 28 (Henrik) and 26 (me).

The funny thing is that the stone block Henrik got to look at would have landed right on my head in the sand pit. That would have meant that I had recieved another wound and, since I had twelve cards already, also would've had to discard one of my treasures. Had he played it that way, he might have been able to escape the pyramid alive. Unfortunatly, he much rather hoped that a different block would fall elsewhere and seal me in and let him escape. Well, though luck!

Everyone seemed to enjoy the game and I think that they will all be more that happy to play it again, which makes me happy too. After having played it twice in two days now, I can say that I really like The Adventurers and if The Temple of Chac ever gets re-released, I will buy it in a heartbeat. Until then, The Pyramid of Horus will do just fine!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Rogers
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yeah, I have really come to like this game. This past summer I saw a copy of Temple of Chac on sale for $10 at a bookstore. I am kicking myself now for not picking it up. cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.