Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
William Garramone
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've read a few threads comparing the original Hornet Leader to the DVG update. Is there anyone out there that likes the original better that has played both? Maybe some reasons why. I have the money to get both but if I can get one game I would rather do that. Thank you all if this has been beat to death before, sorry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uwe Heilmann
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi from Germany,

as I got both versions of HORNET LEADER, I combined both (keeping the good things and taking out any flaws) systems.

I put "variety" and free option development into focus. For example: I no longer have any fixed campaigns (with a fixed set of targets and target parameters). Each campaign and mission is really different now.

I also kept the "wingman" approach from the old game; the increased chances to hit when firing salvoes of missiles, etc.

The new game brought new elements (e.g. ISR, C2 flexibility, etc.) that added really great effects to the basic game system elements.

I combined all cards (e.g. targets, events, mission parameters, etc.)

I still have to add the "landing" procedure from the old game.

The backbone of all this is my SEQUENCE OF PLAY card deck.
There is actually no need anymore to refer to the rules for details as all of them are covered on the cards of this deck. Please, take a look at my forum contribution "Variety is key".

Any quesitons?

Cheers
U.L.H.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.