Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Mousquetaires du Roy» Forums » Rules

Subject: Paris card "Blackmail" (and drawing of Treachery cards) in solo play rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adrian Wiecheć
Poland
Chrzanów
woj. małopolskie
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
First, I guess that 'Perfidy' card is just another name for 'Treachery' card.

Second, I'm not sure how to use 'Blackmail' Paris card in solo play. The variant rules instruct to ignore actions requiring to draw the Treachery card. So how do I ignore "Blackmail"? Just leave it on the table (effectively blocking Paris cards for the rest of the game)? Redraw it immediately? Redraw it next turn? Just ignore the "drawing" part of the text and, once Milady reaches 6 successes, start playing 2 random Treachery cards at the start of the round?

Third, does this 'ignore drawing Treachery cards' apply to board effects giving Milady Treachery cards (from the position of LaRochelle, Queen and Louvre tokens)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Fulford
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, Perfidy cards = Treachery cards, the translation was inconsistent.

For the Blackmail mission, just ignore the part that would cause Milady to draw Treachery cards. If the mission is failed, then you would play 2 random Treachery cards for her each turn.

You're correct that in solo play, any effects that cause Milady to draw Treachery cards are ignored. She doesn't have a hand of cards to choose from, they are just randomly selected at the start of each turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Wiecheć
Poland
Chrzanów
woj. małopolskie
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.