Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Ashfield
United States
Waterford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
The Hopeless zombie card allows you to pick a hero and force them to either take a wound, discard an item or lose their next hero turn. Hero's choice.

Last night I played Hopeless on Amanda, who decided to lose her turn. I then played another Hopeless card on her. She had no items and one wound. Could she pick to lose her turn again? Could I even use the card on her in the first place since I already used one on her? Questions. Questions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Biodiesel
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure, I see no reason why you couldn't play it on her. We just used that card the other night on a Father Joseph with 2 wounds and chainsaw. He was causing havoc with the chainsaw, but they discarded it rather than take the wound (duh) or make him lose a turn. If you keep drawing it, keep playing it. Sucks to be a Hero! devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spencer Myers
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree... play that second card on her with no regrets.

If she has no turn to give up, since she just lost it, then she has a choice of taking a wound or losing an item. Real life zombies are pains in the ass so no reason why game zombies have to play fair, eh? devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
adismaltheft wrote:
The Hopeless zombie card allows you to pick a hero and force them to either take a wound, discard an item or lose their next hero turn. Hero's choice.

Last night I played Hopeless on Amanda, who decided to lose her turn. I then played another Hopeless card on her. She had no items and one wound. Could she pick to lose her turn again? Could I even use the card on her in the first place since I already used one on her? Questions. Questions.

I have been thinking on this one and looking through FAQ. There is little real guidance on the issue. I looked at the card "This Could Be Our Last Night On Earth". This causes the hero to lose their turn, plain and simple.

What if Hopeless was played first and the hero chose to lose a turn, then This Could Be Our... was played afterwards? I would assume no additional effect.

If This Could Be Our... was played first and then Hopeless was played, I would assume the hero could choose to lose a turn for no additional effect.

Back to back Hopeless cards in my mind would leave me thinking you could lose your turn on the first card and select lose your turn again for no additional effect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cain Ericson
msg tools
adismaltheft wrote:
What if Hopeless was played first and the hero chose to lose a turn, then This Could Be Our... was played afterwards? I would assume no additional effect.

If This Could Be Our... was played first and then Hopeless was played, I would assume the hero could choose to lose a turn for no additional effect.

Back to back Hopeless cards in my mind would leave me thinking you could lose your turn on the first card and select lose your turn again for no additional effect.

Interisting thought, however if you applied the same logic to items it wouldn't work. Amanda has no items, so when Hopeless is played on her she could pick an item causing no effect as well, using the same argument. Doesn't seem fair to me. If this is the case, then Hopeless really is a hopeless card as far as the zombie player is concerned.

If a card forces a player to lose something they don't have there is no choice but to have them suffer no effect. But I would rule that if there is another option then the player has to pick the other option. In this case Amanda lost her turn already, has no items, so she has to pick her last wound and dies cry! She suffered an aneurysm after screaming her head off hysterically! Hmm, I wonder if the Zombie Hero rule would really apply in this case?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting argument Cain. I think you have swayed me. Short of any FAQ updates, I recant my earlier position.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.