Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mitchell Ward
United States
Jasper
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got an email announcing Miniature Market's new customer rewards. You earn one point per dollar spent, each point is redeemable for $0.01. The best part of the deal is that if you create an account right now you get a free 500 points, which is good for $5 off your order. Shipping is free at $100.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mrs. Kristin L. Johansen
United States
Mountain Grove
Missouri
flag msg tools
Happy Holidays!
badge
I swear on my pretty floral bonnet...
mbmbmbmbmb
I used my points to get some Pathfinder minis for next to nothing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, they actually did this a few days ago but for some reason didn't send the email until now.

So, my next order's probably going to be from Miniature Market.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Ramsey
United States
Grove City
OH
flag msg tools
badge
Hush
mbmbmbmbmb
That's what I get for setting up my account earlier this week, instead of waiting till now. No points for me cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AnyMouse wrote:
That's what I get for setting up my account earlier this week, instead of waiting till now. No points for me cry

I set up an account about a week ago just so I would get emails, and when i logged in I had a 500 point balance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
FYI...points expire.

It's 5 years before they expire. But they do expire.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Vinyard
United States
Las Cruces
NM
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AnyMouse wrote:

Actually, the fine print says (emphasis mine):
Miniature Market wrote:
thru Jan 31st, new & existing customers will receive 500 points in our new rewards program for free.

So you should still get points.

Otherwise it would seem like the bank commercial where the ice cream is only for new friends.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Schroth
United States
Middletown
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
J.L.Robert wrote:
FYI...points expire.

Strange, the expiration date shown is indeed 5 years. But the FAQ says:

Quote:
Do my Rewards Points expire?

Yes, your Rewards Points will expire 1 year after you’ve placed your last Rewards Points-earning order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Boyle
United States
Indiana
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BagelManB wrote:
J.L.Robert wrote:
FYI...points expire.

Quote:

Yes, your Rewards Points will expire 1 year after you’ve placed your last Rewards Points-earning order.

In the previous post of this the owner said he had to set a day so they just chose a year. He later mentioned he would be open to suggestions. Someone mentioned that a year was to little so I believe he had it changed. But I could be wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Thomason
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If all other factors are the same then it would be worth it but you only get 1 point per $1 spent and each point is worth 1 cent of rewards....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Nguyen
United States
Wallingford
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got the email this morning and went to spend the points an hour ago. They're not in my account, I emailed customer service, pending response.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Gray
United States
Watertown
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like CSI's rewards program where it is progressive for how much you have historically spent. 1% cashback as a rewards program isn't a huge deal, but it's better than nothing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tracy Baker
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gryphter wrote:
I got the email this morning and went to spend the points an hour ago. They're not in my account, I emailed customer service, pending response.

I've found they're slow in responding to email but generally pick up the phone on the first ring. Try calling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louis Brenton
United States
Brighton
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just logged into my account (which I've had for quite a while). It had my new 500 points listed on my account, & it said that they expire in like 1800 days or some large number like that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Nguyen
United States
Wallingford
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gertbert wrote:
Gryphter wrote:

I've found they're slow in responding to email but generally pick up the phone on the first ring. Try calling.

Just got the email response and they fixed it, I didn't need to call.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario De Super
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
aussieb1987 wrote:
BagelManB wrote:
J.L.Robert wrote:
FYI...points expire.

Quote:

In the previous post of this the owner said he had to set a day so they just chose a year. He later mentioned he would be open to suggestions. Someone mentioned that a year was to little so I believe he had it changed. But I could be wrong.

I think it was wavemotion that mentioned this and the owner of MM mentioned something about changing it to more than 1 year IIRC. That's pretty good "walking amongst the consumer CS" if you ask me. Very cool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario De Super
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
furtherbum wrote:
I really like CSI's rewards program where it is progressive for how much you have historically spent. 1% cashback as a rewards program isn't a huge deal, but it's better than nothing.

I really like CSI's reward program also. I think I'm getting 2.5% off now. I've never used MM. Well, not yet. I was going to order from them during the Black Friday event, but they ran out of the games I wanted.

The argument I have seen being made is that many of MM's games are already less expensive than CSI's, even after CSI reward discounts. That, and they have a ton of miniatures. The counter argument seems to be that CSI generally has more board game stock and gets items in for sale and/or pre-sale faster.

I did do a few price comparisons between the two companies and found MM to have better prices on most of them. I plan to try MM out when I make my next large purchase, if they have what I want in stock.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Rose
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is an existing thread discussing MM's rewards program: MM Rewards
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miniature Market
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
Miniature Market - Online Gaming Superstore - Miniaturemarket.com
badge
mbmbmb
After getting plenty of feedback from members on this site we decided to increase the points expiration date from 1 year (365 days) to 5 years (1825 days).

Also, if you created your account between 1/1/2012 and 1/5/2012 and did not receive your free $5 please email our customer service and we will credit that to your account ASAP.

We do plan to expand the rewards system in the future (double point days, point multiplier on certain items, etc) but for now we wanted to keep it simple. More to come in the future so stay tuned and sign up on our facebook page to get updates.

Steve @ Miniature Market
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ms Aura

California
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is cool and though I've only purchased things twice from MM (I don't really buy online! lol) I love MM and I prefer them over most. Cheap prices. EXCELLENT customer service and I love the layout... even the new one! Thank you Miniature Market. And this rewards thing is pretty cool. It's better than nothing cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Cwikla

Burbank
California
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Yeah, no kidding. Miniature Market has become my new go-to online retailer. I used to shop and compare between 3 or 4 online retailers that I liked, now I'm basically exclusively with MM. Great prices, nice free shipping level, nice website layout.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miniature Market
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Thanks for the kind words and as always please post feedback about customer service, website issues, reward program or anything at all. I read these boards often and I take customer concerns very seriously. If I can fix or change something that is wrong I will.

Thanks Again
Steve @ Miniature Market
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
reaching out from the in-between spaces...
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
miniaturemarket wrote:
Thanks for the kind words and as always please post feedback about customer service, website issues, reward program or anything at all. I read these boards often and I take customer concerns very seriously. If I can fix or change something that is wrong I will.

Thanks Again
Steve @ Miniature Market

I'm gonna second this. I find many of the online retailers have great customer service, but MM has the edge with that phone number. I've had same day emails replied to with well thought out responses and the three times I called someone answered, put me on hold to find the answer and left me happy. That plus cheap prices, the rewards program is simply a bonus.

Jorune

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David McMurray
United States
Jamestown
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info. I was going to buy a set of the Arkham Horror Dice since I got the game from my Secret Santa. With the points I only had to pay just over $2 for them. Nice deal!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E D
United States
wilton
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
so what does 500 points actually get me?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.