Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
ROB VERRY
United States
South Cairo
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
That goose-stepping brown truck brought CC:M to my door a few days ago, and whoa, what an addition to the system! I especially enjoy the point value and design your own scenario aids/info. Presently, I am converting some old ASL scenarios to CC and with seemingly excellent results. I know ASL has its place, but CC is light years ahead in terms of realism and conveying the 'you are there' factor. Thanks GMT!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Laws
Canada
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
"I play to win, as much or more than any egoist who thinks he's going to win by other means. I want to win the match. But I don't give in to tactical reasoning as the only way to win, rather I believe that efficacy is not divorced from beauty."
mbmbmbmbmb
Care to post some up here?

I for one would like to see the results.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ROB VERRY
United States
South Cairo
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
“AN AUDACIOUS ASSAULT”

AVOLA, SICILY, 10 July 1943: Operation Husky, kicked off to a terrible start, with the Airborne elements being scattered all over the southern half of the island. Many were even shot at, taking casualties from friendly naval gun fire! One such more fortunate group, of the US 505th Parachute Infantry Regiment, landed near the coastal town of Avola, with Lt. Sammon serving as ranking officer (He is represented in this scenario by Lt. Wray). Despite his small ad hoc force, he met with another officer present to plan an attack against Avola and assist the British, who were landing via seaborne assault to the south. Wasting no time, Lt. Sammon hastily organized his small force of 75 paratroopers, armed only with small arms and grenades and prepared them for action. After a quick briefing, the small contingent launched an ambitious attack against the Italians entrenched in the area, just north of town.

ITALIAN: Elements 146th Regiment, 206th Coastal Defense Division: PV {1317 = 13}
PLAYER “A”
A) Troop Quality/Orders: Line / 3
B) Posture: Defensive
C) Set Up: First, 8 hexes deep
D) Surrender Value: “10”
8x 444 1st Line Squads [58] = {464}
4x 433 Green Squad [42] = {168}
1x 114 Weapon Team [57]
1x Lt. Zanella [169]
1x Sgt. Carboni [140]
1x HMG [86]
1x MMG [65]
1x LMG [30]
1x Radio (75mm) [138]

SPECIAL ITALIAN RULES:
1. The Italian player starts the game with the following cards in hand, at scenario start; I-32, I-37, I-40, and I-66.
2. VP Marker: “4” space (Axis side). For 2VP, any building hex may be heavily fortified and thus assigned a cover value of “6”.
3. The “Air Support” event on card I-9, is treated as a “Booby Trap” result instead.

AMERICAN: 505th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 82nd Airborne Division: PV {1769 = 17}
PLAYER “B”
A) Troop Quality/Orders: Elite / 3
B) Posture: Attack
C) Set Up: Second, 2 hexes deep not adjacent to an enemy unit.
D) Surrender Value: “8”
7x 645 Airborne Squads [141] = {987}
1x 445 Elite Team [96]
1x Lt. Sammon (Wray) [382]
1x Lt. Blankenship [304]

SPECIAL AMERICAN RULES
1. To simulate the initial confusion and commander meeting, the US must begin the game with the following cards in hand, at scenario start; A-50, A-70 and A-71 – draw the three others as usual.

GENERAL SCENARIO INFORMATION:
1. The Time Marker, is set at “0” and the Sudden Death Marker at “6”.
2. Open Objective Chits are assigned as follows: “F” “K” and “N”.
3. The Americans begin the game with the Initiative Card.
4. Mapboard #22 is used in “Wide Configuration” - Americans to the north, Italians to the south.

AFTERMATH: As the brave paratroopers approached Avola from the north, they were met with a hail of machine gun fire from the Italian defenders and quickly shook out into battle formation. After a tough fight, by wiping out machine gun nests in a grouping of stone buildings, the Americans pressed deeper in town, finding it heavily defended. However, when the British struck from the south, the Italians had had enough and either surrendered en masse, or fled town.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Garramone
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HarlemMimeSchool wrote:

I couldn't help but laugh Harlem when I saw your response. Though I've never responded to you before, I have followed your inquiries into the game design mechanics of CC and your conversations with Chad. As soon as I saw this post and you being the first responder I had to chuckle a bit. Good luck sir, I applaud your attempts and eagerly await all your findings with conversion formulas and D.Y.O. tinkerings Although I vaguely remembering you picking Chad's brain for something crucial about design and he was sort of secretive about it but for the life of me I can't seem to remember what it was you were asking for at the time from him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Laws
Canada
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
"I play to win, as much or more than any egoist who thinks he's going to win by other means. I want to win the match. But I don't give in to tactical reasoning as the only way to win, rather I believe that efficacy is not divorced from beauty."
mbmbmbmbmb
Tyrone_Slothrop wrote:
“AN AUDACIOUS ASSAULT”

ITALIAN: Elements 146th Regiment, 206th Coastal Defense Division: PV {1317 = 13}
PLAYER “A”
A) Troop Quality/Orders: Line / 3
B) Posture: Defensive
C) Set Up: First, 8 hexes deep
D) Surrender Value: “10”
8x 444 1st Line Squads [58] = {464}
4x 433 Green Squad [42] = {168}
1x 114 Weapon Team [57]
1x Lt. Zanella [169]
1x Sgt. Carboni [140]
1x HMG [86]
1x MMG [65]
1x LMG [30]
1x Radio (75mm) [138]

SPECIAL ITALIAN RULES:
1. The Italian player starts the game with the following cards in hand, at scenario start; I-32, I-37, I-40, and I-66.
2. VP Marker: “4” space (Axis side). For 2VP, any building hex may be heavily fortified and thus assigned a cover value of “6”.
3. The “Air Support” event on card I-9, is treated as a “Booby Trap” result instead.

AMERICAN: 505th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 82nd Airborne Division: PV {1769 = 17}
PLAYER “B”
A) Troop Quality/Orders: Elite / 3
B) Posture: Attack
C) Set Up: Second, 2 hexes deep not adjacent to an enemy unit.
D) Surrender Value: “8”
7x 645 Airborne Squads [141] = {987}
1x 445 Elite Team [96]
1x Lt. Sammon (Wray) [382]
1x Lt. Blankenship [304]

SPECIAL AMERICAN RULES
1. To simulate the initial confusion and commander meeting, the US must begin the game with the following cards in hand, at scenario start; A-50, A-70 and A-71 – draw the three others as usual.

GENERAL SCENARIO INFORMATION:
1. The Time Marker, is set at “0” and the Sudden Death Marker at “6”.
2. Open Objective Chits are assigned as follows: “F” “K” and “N”.
3. The Americans begin the game with the Initiative Card.
4. Mapboard #22 is used in “Wide Configuration” - Americans to the north, Italians to the south.

I tarted her up and put her in a red dress:

Keesvanloomacklin wrote:
HarlemMimeSchool wrote:

I couldn't help but laugh Harlem when I saw your response. Though I've never responded to you before, I have followed your inquiries into the game design mechanics of CC and your conversations with Chad. As soon as I saw this post and you being the first responder I had to chuckle a bit. Good luck sir, I applaud your attempts and eagerly await all your findings with conversion formulas and D.Y.O. tinkerings Although I vaguely remembering you picking Chad's brain for something crucial about design and he was sort of secretive about it but for the life of me I can't seem to remember what it was you were asking for at the time from him.

I know the above won't convince you but in all other respects I'm a normal person; girlfriend, dog, job, coach/play soccer etc. Trouble is, when I'm into something I have to know HOW IT WORKS.

You should sit next to me and my mates in the pub when we talk about football tactics through the ages. One for the next Tarantino movie that conversation.

EDIT: re-uploaded scenario minus typos.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ROB VERRY
United States
South Cairo
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
Wow, now that's some 'red dress' and please do tell, how did you do that? And oh, the scenario is from ASL Starter Set #1, entitled "An Ambitious Assault". Having a blast with the playtest - paratroopers are into the stone building complex right now grappling with Italian MG nests!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Laws
Canada
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I made this in Illustrator a while back, more for Illustrator practice than anything else:

After that it's just a case of tinkering with the particulars.

Tyrone_Slothrop wrote:
And oh, the scenario is from ASL Starter Set #1, entitled "An Ambitious Assault".

Well I ain't changing it now.

Actually I am changing it because I noticed a mistake on the scenario info.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.