Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Szilagyi
United States
Parma
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've discovered, in many long years as a night-shift worker, that the thing that gets me feeling the most 'high' is lack of sleep. For a few brief hours (say +2 or 3 after I should have gone to bed) things in my house are just hilarious, and I can't stop laughing at them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
...but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind,
badge
...and reaching forth unto those things which are before,...
mbmbmbmb
The giggles you get from feeling slaphappy are the best.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan "Spartan Spawn, Sworn, Raised for Warring!"
United States
Sellersburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
badge
"By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe."
mbmbmbmbmb
I find this to be true as well. Its been happening ever since we started doing get togethers on the weekends in Highschool, after a day and night of gaming (video and board) fueled by pizza, sodas, and snacks we would eventually try to catch some sleep on the living room floor, of course one of us was always saying something stupid and the rest laughing uncontrollably. Its an odd (but good) feeling to want nothing more to fall asleep but cant because your laughing so hard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Debien
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I used to be a regular (3-5 times a week) drinker. Never a lot, 3-4 beers or 1-2 mixed drinks max and I never (ok rarely) got outright drunk.

This year I had some stomach issues and had to stop drinking as well as completely cut off the caffeine. My tummy is all better now and I find that I only drink maybe once every two or three weeks now, and then only to be social.

The caffeine, however, is still my week spot. I find that if I allow myself caffeine even one day, then I either have to keep partaking on consecutive days or I find myself tired, cranky and suffering caffeine withdrawal headaches. A truly awful drug and I am trying my darndest to stay away from it completely now.

I say this, but tonight is a gamenight and come midnight, I am likely to lose the battle...sigh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
casualgod wrote:

The caffeine, however, is still my week spot. I find that if I allow myself caffeine even one day, then I either have to keep partaking on consecutive days or I find myself tired, cranky and suffering caffeine withdrawal headaches. A truly awful drug and I am trying my darndest to stay away from it completely now.

I say this, but tonight is a gamenight and come midnight, I am likely to lose the battle...sigh.

Caffeine and I don't agree either. Same symptoms for me so I avoid it completely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Debien
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Orangemoose wrote:
casualgod wrote:

Caffeine and I don't agree either. Same symptoms for me so I avoid it completely.

Derailing the thread a bit here, but when my 9 year old daughter was born 6 weeks prematurely, she had sleep apnea shortly after birth and so the doctors gave her caffeine. We were told about it and it was explained to us that the caffeine would stay in her system for up to 30 days. After it wore off, their concern was that she could have the apnea again and die if she wasn't closely monitored, so they would have to keep her in the hopsital for a month.

Naturally, mom and I were crushed and so we saught alternatives, took an infant CPR course, got a heart and breathing monitor for our daughter and after 11 days signed an "against medical advise" waiver and checked her out of the hospital.

So, all this to say that caffeine stays in your system for 30 days...crazy stuff...and it's everywhere in our culture.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan Dontanville
United States
Charlottesville
VA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Plate of Shrimp.
badge
Here we are folks, the dream we all dream of.
mbmbmbmbmb
ZeroZilla wrote:
I've discovered, in many long years as a night-shift worker, that the thing that gets me feeling the most 'high' is lack of sleep.

More than acid?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
casualgod wrote:
Orangemoose wrote:
casualgod wrote:

Derailing the thread a bit here, but when my 9 year old daughter was born 6 weeks prematurely, she had sleep apnea shortly after birth and so the doctors gave her caffeine. We were told about it and it was explained to us that the caffeine would stay in her system for up to 30 days. After it wore off, their concern was that she could have the apnea again and die if she wasn't closely monitored, so they would have to keep her in the hopsital for a month.

Naturally, mom and I were crushed and so we saught alternatives, took an infant CPR course, got a heart and breathing monitor for our daughter and after 11 days signed an "against medical advise" waiver and checked her out of the hospital.

So, all this to say that caffeine stays in your system for 30 days...crazy stuff...and it's everywhere in our culture.

Hope she doing very well now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Debien
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Orangemoose wrote:
casualgod wrote:
Orangemoose wrote:
casualgod wrote:

Hope she doing very well now.

Oh, very much so. She had some problems with ear infections from ages 3 to 5 and we had to get tubes put in, twice no less! Other than that, she is a very healthy child.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meredith
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ZeroZilla wrote:
I've discovered, in many long years as a night-shift worker, that the thing that gets me feeling the most 'high' is lack of sleep.

Night shift nurses develop a sick sick sense of humor attributed to the erratic sleep patterns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hey, I've created a video channel! Hover over my avatar to get more info! :) - Josh -
Canada
Cambridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
My video channel has a Facebook page - Find it by searching "Josh Yaks page" on Facebook
badge
Find my video channel on YouTube as "Josh Yaks"!
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, I'm just the opposite - after night shifts, my fuse is about 1 millimeter long and I'm like a ticking time bomb... angry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Richardson
United States
Gresham
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ME!

What are you giving out?

Is this the line?!?

(I didn't read anything after...Who needs drugs?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
It depends on what effect you are looking for from the drug, I find sleep deprivation most closely resembles hallucinogens, for those looking to reduce social inhibitions, enhance their alertness, dull anxiety or pain, or experience a sense of euphoria then sleep deprivation will not be particularly effective.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tscook wrote:

SMOKE WEED ERRYDAY

one fattie blunt ha ha ha two fattie blunts ha ha ha
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.