2 Posts

The Battle for Normandy» Forums » Strategy

Subject: When to land HQ units rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Blue Tiger
Australia
flag msg tools
I'm about to start a campaign game and was wondering when people thought HQs should land. Should I try and get them ashore in the first wave or wait till the afternoon.

Also, are units that can't fill assault slots or don't make it to the beach allowed to be lined up however I like to come ashore in the pm?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Stearns
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The advice I've been given is to put them in a phase 3 assault hex so if the opportunity to land them is available you can do so. Without the Hq units cannot get csp's which means they cannot attack from multiple hexes nor may they use support (arty or naval).

For your second question read 18.8.1 Allied Regroup Segment. It explains what to do with units who were not able to land. Basically assault units which couldnt land reform where possible and then must be landed in subsequent turns before any other units can be landed.

Have fun. This is a great game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.