Popular Tags: [View All]
David Etherton
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Getting all the home tiles lined up properly is a bit fiddly.

I thought about trying to whip up a template to make it easier, but the hexes are large enough I'd have to print on large format paper.

Then I realized -- just put the first ring of I's down ahead of time, face down. Then it becomes simple to get all the home systems lined up.

This is *almost* identical to waiting to put them down (a blind draw doesn't change regardless of when you do it). The only difference I can see is in the face of discards -- if you discard a tile often enough to exhaust the draw pile before everybody else has finished exploring then you should start drawing anybody else's face-down I's before reshuffling the pile. (They don't really "belong" to anybody until they're flipped)

This could be extended to the II ring in the same fashion.

-Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Camelorn
Germany
Koblenz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Look here! The comments also give some idea how this might or might not work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Moore
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
etherton wrote:
I thought about trying to whip up a template to make it easier, but the hexes are large enough I'd have to print on large format paper.

-Dave

I was thinking that myself, it was going to be very high tech - - I mean, paper and trace with sharpies high-tech - but my opponent came up with this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Bevan
Canada
flag msg tools
This is fine if no one is playing planta or draco

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
apbevan wrote:
This is fine if no one is playing planta or draco

It can work even with Planta or Draco.

With Planta, this layout doesn't really affect them at all, since their ability is just to explore twice; it would be no different than another race exploring twice with two actions.

With Draco, you can draw from the remaining 2 tiles or, if those get used, simply draw another of the face-down tiles and leave a temporary gap.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.