Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Eclipse» Forums » Rules

Subject: Descendants of Draco and discovery tiles rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
stu ma
Germany
HD
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
What is if an opponent attack a field of a Descendant with Ancients on it, destroying the ancients but not being able to remove the influence tiles, so that the descendant player is still in control of the hex. I read the rules and one has to place an influence disc to gain the discovery token.

Can the descendants pick up the discovery tile?

The rulebook says: "may not
collect the Discovery Tiles from
the Ancient hexes"

I could do an influence action to place a influence disc on the hex again. Normally I would pick up the tile. I'm not sure concerning the rule above whether this would be legal.

I assume the rule is strikt. As soon as there's an ancients symbol on the hex Descendants aren't allowed to pick up any discovery tile on this hex.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Hall
United Kingdom
Yate
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Option B) is the correct one.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico M
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Depends on what a "Ancient hex" is.

If the hex is no longer considered an Ancient hex when the Ancient ships have been destroyed, then he can take the tile with option B)

If the hex is still considered an "Ancient hex" because it still has an ancient symbol then the Descendants player cannot take the tile as his faction rules forbid it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ferejohn
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
Pitying fools as hard as I can...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Zymran wrote:
Depends on what a "Ancient hex" is.

If the hex is no longer considered an Ancient hex when the Ancient ships have been destroyed, then he can take the tile with option B)


I believe that was a precondition of the hypothetical situation...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Diachuk
msg tools
mbmbmb
cferejohn wrote:
Zymran wrote:
Depends on what a "Ancient hex" is.

If the hex is no longer considered an Ancient hex when the Ancient ships have been destroyed, then he can take the tile with option B)


I believe that was a precondition of the hypothetical situation...


The point is that if it still counts as an Ancient hex, they can't take the Discovery tile.

It has been clarified that when the Ancients are no longer present, it is no longer an "Ancient hex" so they can claim the Discovery tile like anyone else: through the act of placing an influence disc there.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Burgess
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
DreadFuzzy wrote:
Option B) is the correct one.


We ran into this exact situation in our last game and also ruled it this way as well.

To expand on that above: The manual states you collect the discovery when you place your influence disk there. If you already have a disk there, you're not placing the disk - unless you remove and replace it as noted by B above.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stu ma
Germany
HD
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
taggedjc wrote:
cferejohn wrote:
Zymran wrote:
Depends on what a "Ancient hex" is.

If the hex is no longer considered an Ancient hex when the Ancient ships have been destroyed, then he can take the tile with option B)


I believe that was a precondition of the hypothetical situation...


The point is that if it still counts as an Ancient hex, they can't take the Discovery tile.

It has been clarified that when the Ancients are no longer present, it is no longer an "Ancient hex" so they can claim the Discovery tile like anyone else: through the act of placing an influence disc there.
Is that official? It should be added to the FAQ then.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antti Autio
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
badge
Gina, Escher gang leader (Necromunda). Don't mess with her or she'll kick your ass.. actually, she's gonna do it anyway!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Option B is correct like Geoff said.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.