Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Jordan
United States
Saline
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If I have a card in the chain, and its kicker is activated, do I resolve the chain text first, or the kicker text first. I would normally assume you resolve the card in a top-down manner, but that is impossible on some of the cards.

Also, can you feed a chain or kicker effect that failed the first time? i.e. I have no cards in discard and play Bleak Ressurection, it resolves but fails to get a minion, can I still "Feed" it. I would assume so, but the FAQ only says that you are able to target the card you just discarded for the feed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gregg
United States
Franklinville
NC
flag msg tools
designer
NightfallGame.com/FAQ
badge
boardgamegeek.com/thread/1234645
mbmbmbmbmb
Entropy42 wrote:
If I have a card in the chain, and its kicker is activated, do I resolve the chain text first, or the kicker text first. I would normally assume you resolve the card in a top-down manner, but that is impossible on some of the cards.

Generally you resolve the cards top-down, however you should read the entire card at once since some are designed to modify the main effect such as Death Grip.

Entropy42 wrote:
Also, can you feed a chain or kicker effect that failed the first time? i.e. I have no cards in discard and play Bleak Ressurection, it resolves but fails to get a minion, can I still "Feed" it. I would assume so, but the FAQ only says that you are able to target the card you just discarded for the feed.

Yes, you can still feed. The general rule is that you complete as much of the card as you can. So even if you can't do the first bit of the effect, you can still feed to try again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Jordan
United States
Saline
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If I have a card that has chain text like "Return target card to your hand from your discard" and I have nothing in my discard, but its Kicker says "discard a card to do something", can I just do the Kicker first, so that I have a viable target for my chain effect?

Is there something in the rules that states this one way or the other (or infers it)? I didn't see a mention of top-down resolution in the FAQ or rulebook.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gregg
United States
Franklinville
NC
flag msg tools
designer
NightfallGame.com/FAQ
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Entropy42 wrote:
If I have a card that has chain text like "Return target card to your hand from your discard" and I have nothing in my discard, but its Kicker says "discard a card to do something", can I just do the Kicker first, so that I have a viable target for my chain effect?

No. In general, cards should be resolved top-down.

Entropy42 wrote:
Is there something in the rules that states this one way or the other (or infers it)? I didn't see a mention of top-down resolution in the FAQ or rulebook.

It has been answered in the forums before, but I can certainly add it to the FAQ.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gregg
United States
Franklinville
NC
flag msg tools
designer
NightfallGame.com/FAQ
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Went ahead and added it:

Cards that receive their kickers should generally be resolved in a top-down manner with the main effect taking place first. There are however, some cards such as Death Grip which modify or otherwise change the card's chain text. Therefore it is important to read the entire card before resolving any of it to ensure that the overall card text is followed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.