Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Allen
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
sorry but this has been the subject of intense argument.

are the preprinted weapons and drives etc replaced or added to? ie does the ion cannon get replaced when you put a ship part over it or not?

I understand that added parts are replaced ..that you can't stack..but the debate is around the preprinted systems..

we know that drives can't be replaced which to me implies that if you put a part over top of the drive that you are replacing it but I have lived in ASL for years so I can see how rules can sometimes be very very vague no matter how many rules and errata you have to clarify

also can you add a part on a ship that does not have that system...
for example can you add a computer onto an interceptor? In that extra slot I get...but can you just put it over one of the preprinted spaces?

Having played tons of games as I said it is a tad embarrassing to have to ask this...

my instincts are that no you have to upgrade existing parts and that they replace them but both of my opponents say I am wrong mainly because on here it seems that people are building all sorts of whacky configurations...

by the way the game systems are elegant..borrowing from lots of euro but also with added elements of ameritrash luck and die rolling..

well done..already we have had screaming and jumping up and down when battles are resolved...having finished the first game yet..LOL

thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lieven De Puysseleir
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
trust me, I'm a dentist
badge
we don't lie, we use statistics
mbmbmbmbmb
always replace.
and yes you can upgrade interceptor with a computer if you want.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Day
United Kingdom
Lee
LONDON
flag msg tools
Oi!
badge
That tickles!
mbmbmbmbmb
A ship must have a drive and enough power for all parts. That is the only restriction that is in the rules. Therefore any placement is legal (over preprinted or in spare slots).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Forrest & Ryan Driskel
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can place any part in any space in the blueprint, provided you have enough power source and the ship has a drive (unless it is a starbase which must NOT have a drive).

This also means you can have more than one drive or power source.

If for some reason you added a second drive in the "blank" space in a blueprint, you may later cover up the original drive printed on the blueprint.

The original printed blueprint is just a starting point, you may place any item anywhere on the blueprint that is legal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Banana!
mbmbmbmbmb
You can remove/add anything to your ship, so long as at the end of the upgrade action each ship has a drive, a source, and enough power from its source to provide for everything on the ship. Starbases are the same, except that they cannot have a drive. Covered up pre-printed systems do not count for anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.