United States
Greenville
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
You have paid retail for the last time.
badge
The human race, to which so many of my readers belong, has been playing at children's games from the beginning, and will probably do it till the end, which is a nuisance for the few people who grow up. - GKC
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree. Anyone who disagrees needs to do some soul searching.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Martin
Canada
North Bay
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought this game had great potential, and initally ranked it rather high.

BUT...

After several games, in which the Wretch won every single time by a landslide regardless of what player was controlling them, it became obvious that YES, they are indeed not balanced well against the ISN.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greed Barabore
msg tools
Problem occurs when you consider the division of values amongst the ships.

By comparing all of the ships on both sides, you can make reasonable comparisons of which stat is considered more costly (at least, according to the designers).Let us assume that the Everest and Vapor's Fate, for example, are equal (stay with me). They do not share the exact same stats, but they are the same ship for their respective factions. What causes concern is wasted stats. Does the Everest really need 12 capacity, if holding every single other ship would only use 11? If we brought down our primary weapon range by 1, could the secondary weapons finally shoot other things?

It seems the Wretch were designed to destroy, whilst the ISN were designed to have utility and tactical features.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.