Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
ioticus
United States
Harrisonburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to make sure I'm clear about this, you cannot explore the coastline on a wedge map if you only have core (brown) tiles left in your tile stack, right? In other words, you would not draw a green tile from the unused tiles at start?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ingo Griebsch
Germany
Bochum
North Rhine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
Coding Architect | Husband and father | Boardgame addict | Loves Clutch as well as Tricky
badge
Coding Architect | Husband and father | Boardgame addict | Loves Clutch as well as Tricky
mbmbmbmbmb
ioticus wrote:
Just to make sure I'm clear about this, you cannot explore the coastline on a wedge map if you only have core (brown) tiles left in your tile stack, right? In other words, you would not draw a green tile from the unused tiles at start?

Don't know if I understand you right, but...

...the rules says that brown tiles can not be placed at the coastline.
If you have no more green tiles in your stack you will use the rejected green tiles (you layed back in the box after making the tile set regarding the scenario).

edit: typo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ioticus
United States
Harrisonburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
d0gb0t wrote:
ioticus wrote:

Don't know if I understand you right, but...

If you have no more green tiles in your stack you will use the rejected green tiles (you layed back in the box after making the tile set regarding the scenario).

I'm not sure you can draw an unused tile since I think you can only do so if you run out of all tiles in your stack and you are using it to fill up holes (adjacent to 3 other tiles).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King of All Simians — Not a Mere Diplomat
United States
Wilmington
Select State
flag msg tools
designer
I love you.
badge
I love you.
mb
In my next game, I'm definitely going to use the extra green tiles for coastal areas, even if the brown ones are still available. It's too easy to get hosed by geography on the coastal tiles, and I don't like the idea of strong-arming everyone to drive up the center if they know what's good for them...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Linneman
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From the rules:

If there are no tiles left in the Map Tile deck when a player attempts to explore, he may use a random Countryside tile removed from the game during Setup. If all Countryside tiles have been placed, he can use removed non-City Core tiles instead. Tiles explored this way can only be placed such that they are adjacent to at least three other tiles (to fill up holes). If there are no tiles in the box, no more tiles can be explored.

So it looks like you can only reach for extra tiles if all the tiles have been placed, not just if you can't explore legally from your position. This makes exploration very valuable in competitive games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King of All Simians — Not a Mere Diplomat
United States
Wilmington
Select State
flag msg tools
designer
I love you.
badge
I love you.
mb
Rules, shmules! I'll worry about it when the Regional Conference Mage Knight Semifinals happen. Until then, I'm putting extra tiles on the coast, if needs be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
am 19228
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
d0gb0t wrote:

Are you certain?

My copy of the rules only states that core tiles have to be placed next to two other tiles.

Where exactly does it state that you can't place one on the coast?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Beakley
United States
Tempe
AZ
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
am19228 wrote:
d0gb0t wrote:

Are you certain?

My copy of the rules only states that core tiles have to be placed next to two other tiles.

Where exactly does it state that you can't place one on the coast?

Just in the wedge map rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.