Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
I'll never reveal the Wu-Tang secret
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey everyone!

Could someone please tell me how far the Firepower and Epic 40,000 Magazines went?

I think Firepower only went 4 issues, and I thought the Epic Magazine only went 5 issues, but the pictures on BGG lead me to believe they went to 10. Were these in the UK only? I don't remember anything above issue 5 being available in Canada (but I was a young kid so my memory could be skewed).

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Stirling
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
lesulm1 wrote:
The Wikipedia entry says Firepower ran for 8 issues and Epic 40,000 ran for 20.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epic_%28game%29

I can see these numbers repeated on several wikis, but they don't jibe with my experience at all. I'm 99% confident that there were only four issues of Firepower, and almost as confident that there were ten issues of the 40,000 magazine. It seems to me that someone accidentally doubled the numbers from 4&10 up to 8&20, and that this error has been copy-pasted from wiki to wiki.

I've seen nicely formatted PDFs that show the contents of each issue in chronological order, though it seems like those are much harder to find online at the moment. The best I could do is this non-chronological index:

http://www.tacticalwargames.net/archive/rules/epic/epicindex...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carmin Carotenuto
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
I'll never reveal the Wu-Tang secret
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys! I thought this might be the case but wanted to know from people who remembered the late '90s better than I did!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.