Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Schloesser
United States
Jefferson City
TN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Immediately following the completion of Intrige, Jay began his chant for another game of Settlers of Catan. We were finally able to convince him to play Manhattan instead. Not that all of us dislike Settlers ... quite the contrary. However, we've played it so much over the past few months, we wanted something different.

Eric, Jerry, Jay & I went for Manhattan, using the 'Baby Barney' variant (wherein Barney knocks off the top piece of a building if he lands on that space). Of course, the sappy Barney songs were sung and we all tried using the goofy Barney voice when moving the beast.

To my shock and dismay, I discovered that Barney HATES the color green. Or at least he must, as that is the color I was playing and he seemed to relentlessly pursue the destruction of my buildings. After the 3rd round of play, I had 11 ... count 'em 11 ... pieces destroyed by the purple abomination, compared to only 4 by my nearest opponent (Jay).

Those figures should tell you that I was crushed in this game (figuratively and literally). The round-by-round scores indicate the madness:

Round 1: Jerry 10, Eric 9, Jay 5, Greg 3
Round 2: Jerry 19, Eric 18, Jay 13, Greg 12
Round 3: Jerry 29, Eric 27, Jay 25, Greg 19
Round 4: Jerry 42, Eric 41, Jay 35, Greg 27

Ow .. it hurts, it hurts.

Ratings: Greg 8, Eric 8, Jay 8, Jerry 7

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.