Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony Kerstan
Australia
Hobart
Tasmania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems that the expansion has been dropped from DG's pledge program. Does anyone have any further info about this please?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SnorriHT wrote:
It seems that the expansion has been dropped from DG's pledge program. Does anyone have any further info about this please?

Could be that it is scheduled to ship this month?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Kerstan
Australia
Hobart
Tasmania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aging One wrote:

Could be that it is scheduled to ship this month?

That would be nice

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From the Decision Games (I) website:

Quote:
Here's the latest news from Decision Games, as of 02 Jan 12:

Decision Games – next 90 days

Storm of Steel expansion kit is ready to head to printing but still waiting for Bob’s player aid charts. As soon as Bob recovers to the point he can finish these and they are turned in, we’re ready to roll on printing.

I've asked for an update on the ConsimWorld Decision Games (I) forum.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Kerstan
Australia
Hobart
Tasmania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks David, as soon as its hot off the press I'll be getting it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aging One wrote:
From the Decision Games (I) website:

Quote:
Here's the latest news from Decision Games, as of 02 Jan 12:

Decision Games – next 90 days

Storm of Steel expansion kit is ready to head to printing but still waiting for Bob’s player aid charts. As soon as Bob recovers to the point he can finish these and they are turned in, we’re ready to roll on printing.

I've asked for an update on the ConsimWorld Decision Games (I) forum.

Here is the Decision Games (I) response from ConsimWorld:

Quote:
Feb 25, 2012 2:49 pm (#15868 Total: 15869)

David: Sadly, no. Bob has been out of communication (presumably with further medical complications) since early December and we are waiting on him to complete an update of the set-up cards before we are able to move forward on printing the kit.

Doc

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Latest information from the Decision Games (I) website:

Quote:
Here's the latest news from Decision Games, as of 05 Mar 12:

Decision Games Recent Releases

Storm of Steel Expansion Kit is ready to print except for Bob’s player aid charts. As soon as Bob recovers to the point he can finish, we’re ready to roll on printing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Clemens
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
At the bottom of the "whats new" page the update kit says "Storm of Steel Expansion Kit – May, 2012"

I inquired over at consimworld and never heard back about what the kit will actually contain outside of materials already available for download. I have already printed everything out and have made the counters. I think there is some new naval counters but I don't know if there are any new rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From the Decision Games Dispatch #16 10/2008:

Quote:
Storm of Steel Expansion Kit includes an additional counter sheet with iconic naval counters and additional variant counters. Also included are updated rules and charts plus new logs for tracking mobilization.

From the Decision Games Dispatch #17 03/2009:

Quote:
Storm of Steel Expansion Kit includes an additional counter sheet with iconic naval counters and additional variant counters. Also included are updated rules and charts plus new logs for tracking
mobilization.

From the Decision Games Dispatch #18 01/2010:

Quote:
3. Storm of Steel Expansion Kit. This includes an additional counter-sheet with iconic naval counters and other variant counters. Also included are updated rules and charts, plus new logs for tracking mobilization, plus a CD with additional player aids that can be printed as an Excel spreadsheet to track mobilization points.

From the Decision Games Dispatch #19 11/2010:

Quote:
Storm of Steel Expansion Kit includes an additional counter sheet with iconic naval counters and additional variant counters. Also included are updated rules and charts plus new logs for tracking mobilization plus a CD with additional player aids that can be printed as well as an Excel spreadsheet to track mobilization points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dockter
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
No news in 9 months...any update?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Herr Dr wrote:
No news in 9 months...any update?

Nothing posted here in nine months, but Decision Games (I) has updated their website on a monthly basis. Each time, Decision Games (I) hasmoved the release date one month further out [currently Feb 2013].

Additional information has been posted to ConsimWorld.

Quote:
David Knepper - Dec 30, 2012 3:11 pm (#16551 Total: 16581)
Storm of Steel Expansion Kit – January, 2013

Is this actually going to be published in Jan 2013 or are we just marking another month off on the calendar?

Quote:
docdecision - Dec 30, 2012 7:18 pm (#16554 Total: 16581)
Storm of Steel update

Ever the optimist, I have continued to hope for Bob to recover sufficiently from his most recent medical problems to wrap up the spreadsheets for mobilization which should only take about a week, so we've been in a launch on hold pattern for several months thus my adjusting the release date every few weeks as I hope for Bob's reappearance any day now. In the mean time, the realist in me had DG proceed with printing the remaining components so we are ready to proceed with the kit as planned or we will release the kit without the disk and make the spreadsheets available as a download on the E-rules page. Right now, we are focused on collating the SPW games and getting those out to pledge customers (and please understand this is a massive War in the Pacific sized project with 20 counter sheets, a dozen maps, 6 rules booklets and dozens of chart and display cards between the 5 Der Weltkrieg Series games so it is going to take several weeks). When SPW is finished, the Storm of Steel Expansion Kit will be the next project to be collated and shipped.

Doc
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Kerstan
Australia
Hobart
Tasmania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, I've ordered from DG. I can really see that Storm of Steel is a labour of love and I am looking forward to getting this game onto my table.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Dougherty
United States
Maplewood
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Was thinking of picking up storm of steel, not really familiar with the game. Do I need the expansion? Does it add a lot to the experience? Not sure what the counters are.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Theissen
United States
New Richmond
WI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If you want to play the shorter scenarios it's a good idea to get the update. There are a number of errata in the original scenario booklet, these have been addressed in the update.
(I don't have my update kit yet, but I know the scenario book has been revised.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.