Popular Tags: [View All]
Shannon L
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe we did this last year. Would there be interest in once again doing a no-ship math trade for Gottacon? The con runs from Feb 3-5 in Victoria, BC. Lower mainlanders not going to the con could always arrange with those going to pick up/delivery their games.

Who would be interested in this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Memento ferrugo
badge
Memento ferrugo
mbmbmbmbmb
I still don't really understand how math trades work, but I'm in Victoria and have several games I'd be interested in trading, but I'm really picky and would only be willing to trade for specific titles. If it's possible to only get included in the trade if some of my chosen titles are coming my way, then consider me interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I'd be onto it, although I'd probably need a mule fellow gamer to take my potential trades to the Island or vice versa.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Moulton
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jrebelo wrote:
I still don't really understand how math trades work, but I'm in Victoria and have several games I'd be interested in trading, but I'm really picky and would only be willing to trade for specific titles. If it's possible to only get included in the trade if some of my chosen titles are coming my way, then consider me interested.

Math trades are no risk in that you can only trade for games that you put on your trade list. It worked out pretty well last year. Math trades allow you to be as picky as you want and the worst that could happen is you don't trade anything.
http://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/Math_Trades#

I believe

Murray C
Canada
Vancouver
British Colombia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

ran it last year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Memento ferrugo
badge
Memento ferrugo
mbmbmbmbmb
krismoulton wrote:
Math trades are no risk in that you can only trade for games that you put on your trade list. It worked out pretty well last year. Math trades allow you to be as picky as you want and the worst that could happen is you don't trade anything.

I believe

Murray C
Canada
Vancouver
British Colombia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

ran it last year.

Well, in that case, I'm in like Flynn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dustin boggs
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
these are my overtexts and
badge
now I am without geek gold :(
mbmbmbmbmb
yea justin I have had good success with them and if you can pair up a game with another game to bring its value up (increase people wanting) which will increase the likely hood of you getting a select game since the engine tries to make the most matches.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murray C
Canada
Vancouver
British Colombia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
krismoulton wrote:
jrebelo wrote:

I believe

Murray C
Canada
Vancouver
British Colombia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

ran it last year.

If Jason is willing to be on site guy again, I'd be happy to run this since it really doesn't require too much effort on my part Not sure if I'll be going to Gottacon this year, however.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
One Armed Bandit
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MrScaryMuffin wrote:
If Jason is willing to be on site guy again, I'd be happy to run this since it really doesn't require too much effort on my part Not sure if I'll be going to Gottacon this year, however.

You know I'm in. Lets get this thing started!

I believe
Tao Wong
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
also mentioned he would be willing to let people use his booth as a pickup dropoff as needed too. I'll confirm with him later, but either way I am totally down with this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tao Wong
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, not a problem. Just drop by, make sure to write who it is who is supposed to get what on a sticky note before handing to us and we'll stick it in a box.

And I'm in theoretically for the trade. I just need to actually take inventory of my games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Johnson
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be interested in a Gottacon no-ship trade too - was in last year's trade and found it a very convenient way to swap things.

Anybody looking for D&D 3.5 books? Have plenty...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Laws
Canada
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
"I play to win, as much or more than any egoist who thinks he's going to win by other means. I want to win the match. But I don't give in to tactical reasoning as the only way to win, rather I believe that efficacy is not divorced from beauty."
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murray C
Canada
Vancouver
British Colombia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
K, I'll throw something up this week and we'll get this thing done!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murray C
Canada
Vancouver
British Colombia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
K, Geeklist is up: http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/103035/2012-gottacon-no-sh...

If you're new, I put a quickplay guide in the discussion thread that goes over the typical player turn order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.