Angelo Ricci
Italy
forli'
FC
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

We have a doubt:

A player without any clue at stage "3b (on the trail)":

1) He can't play and simple he see the other player tempting to solve this quest card

or

2) Simply does not take part to the quest phase but he acts as normal in the other phases ?

Thanks in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Rachemoss
United States
Silver City
New Mexico
flag msg tools
Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.
mbmbmbmbmb
It says quite clearly:
On the Trail wrote:
Any player who does not control a hero with at least 1 Clue objective attached cannot commit characters to this quest.

So players without a clue can do everything except commit characters to the quest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Morris
Scotland
Harrogate
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
Join the BGG Folding @Home Team !!
badge
This user had more :gg: than sense
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a player without a clue ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To clarify, it just means that if you don't have a clue, the player still collects resources, uses actions, engage with enemies, defends and attacks, etc. The only thing he doesn't do is commit to quests.

The most frustrating thing about this quest is when your quest holders are damaged. We succeeded in this quest, just barely (Aragorn helped, resetting one player back to starting Threat), but had returned to 2B FOUR times before finally completing it. The first time, we gave the Clue to Eowyn, thinking she always committed to quests and so would never be damaged, but forgot about that one Treachery card that wounds all exhausted characters (I *hate* that card). That made her discard the Clue and we reset to 2B. The second time, the exact same thing happened (we hadn't learned our lesson). The third time, we completed 2B before we were able to find a Clue, so it instantly reset. The fourth time, we were almost completely dead (one player had no Clue, the other was at 49 Threat) and had basically one turn to either win or reset back to 2B which would end it for us, and we blitz, running with our clue and won.

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
No No No Sheep
Russia
St Petersburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shnar wrote:

The most frustrating thing about this quest is when your quest holders are damaged. We succeeded in this quest, just barely (Aragorn helped, resetting one player back to starting Threat), but had returned to 2B FOUR times before finally completing it. The first time, we gave the Clue to Eowyn, thinking she always committed to quests and so would never be damaged, but forgot about that one Treachery card that wounds all exhausted characters (I *hate* that card). That made her discard the Clue and we reset to 2B. The second time, the exact same thing happened (we hadn't learned our lesson). The third time, we completed 2B before we were able to find a Clue, so it instantly reset. The fourth time, we were almost completely dead (one player had no Clue, the other was at 49 Threat) and had basically one turn to either win or reset back to 2B which would end it for us, and we blitz, running with our clue and won.

-shnar

i got past 2B twice and the 1st card i drew 2x was that treachery card that told me to shuffle clue card bsck to encounter deck (false clues?).. thats was the most annoying and frustrating thfg game ever, and i have to go thru 2B phase twice again before clue card came out, and by that time i used sneak attack and gandalf twice to reset threat and Galadrim Greeting twice..

what an annoying scenario

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.