Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gustavo
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.amazon.com/Lone-Oak-Games-HAG2IBC-Haggis/dp/B004B...

This is the usual price, but shipping is usually between 5-7 dollars, so it ends up being an excellent deal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Baughman
United States
Moses Lake
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"They can kill you, but the legalities of eating you are quite a bit dicier."
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: [US] Amazon.com - Haggis $9.99 + FREE shipping
Great game, especially if you like Tichu but only have 2 or 3 players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott T
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gmsa84 wrote:

This is the usual price, but shipping is usually between 5-7 dollars, so it ends up being an excellent deal.

Looks like its just free super saver shipping. Which amazon always offers with a $25 order of qualifying products.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Pennington
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
If your orange juice doesn't burn on the way down, then you need more vodka!
mbmbmbmbmb
Great game indeed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustavo
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rangers85 wrote:
gmsa84 wrote:

Looks like its just free super saver shipping. Which amazon always offers with a $25 order of qualifying products.

I've been tracking the price of this product on Amazon, and the only time it was eligible for FSSS in the past it was at around $16. Otherwise, it has always been $9.99 + $5-7 shipping (which totals $14-16). Thus, I believe having a grand total lowered from $16 to $10 seems to be a very good deal (almost 40% off).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Derrick
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. I've been looking for this one for a decent price. Pulled the trigger. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Nowak
United States
Greenville
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
You have paid retail for the last time.
badge
The human race, to which so many of my readers belong, has been playing at children's games from the beginning, and will probably do it till the end, which is a nuisance for the few people who grow up. - GKC
mbmbmbmbmb
gmsa84 wrote:

I've been tracking the price of this product on Amazon, and the only time it was eligible for FSSS in the past it was at around $16. Otherwise, it has always been $9.99 + $5-7 shipping (which totals $14-16). Thus, I believe having a grand total lowered from $16 to $10 seems to be a very good deal (almost 40% off).

That's because many indie publishers/small publishers don't use Amazon FBA.
And they should.

After all, a retailer using FBA made this a hot deal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Boat
United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is my favorite 3 player game. Better than Tichu, in my opinion.
Worth the $10 for sure
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Taylor
United States
Castro Valley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sold. Thanks for the post!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ooh, and I have a $15 GC for Amazon and a free trial of Amazon Prime. Timing...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Boat
United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Magus And Princess wrote:
Watching the reviews of this game it looks as though you could play this with a basic deck of cards, so why are people so excited for this?

You would need two decks of cards, because I believe there are 5 copies of each of the numbered cards, in 5 different sets, so youd have to edit the symbols on some of the cards. Also, the point value of the face cards is written right on the card for convenience.

For $10 I think you'd be better off supporting the company instead of doing that extra work. Also, if you don't have two sets of cards laying around or the supplies to edit them (and make them look nice (not to mention possibly making a reference sheet to easily recognize th bombs/trumps) it would prolly cost you about $10 to get all of that stuff together anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny VenOsdel
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RhodesN7 wrote:
Watching the reviews of this game it looks as though you could play this with a basic deck of cards, so why are people so excited for this?

You would need two decks of cards, because I believe there are 5 copies of each of the numbered cards, in 5 different sets, so youd have to edit the symbols on some of the cards. Also, the point value of the face cards is written right on the card for convenience.

For $10 I think you'd be better off supporting the company instead of doing that extra work. Also, if you don't have two sets of cards laying around or the supplies to edit them (and make them look nice (not to mention possibly making a reference sheet to easily recognize th bombs/trumps) it would prolly cost you about $10 to get all of that stuff together anyway.

You can play the 2 player game with a basic deck but the double sided wilds are quite nice to have. Some people also enjoy the point cards being marked, though I don't find it necessary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snappy Dan
United States
Wesley Chapel
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the heads-up, OP!

BGG Link
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
d b
msg tools
Thanks for the post!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustavo
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kvenosdel wrote:
RhodesN7 wrote:

You can play the 2 player game with a basic deck but the double sided wilds are quite nice to have. Some people also enjoy the point cards being marked, though I don't find it necessary.

I played the 2p game for a while with a standard deck, and it works fine. I was just waiting for a good price to purchase it, because I think it will allow me to teach more people with it. The colored cards are easier for beginners, as well as the player aids. Finally, having the option of playing 3p is worth the money. Sure, I could do it with 2 standard decks of cards, and then buy a deckbox, and then print the rules, and then create my own player aids... But it would cost me about half the price of the game. I think I can invest $5 on a game that I love so much.

I find it interesting how most people do not hesitate to spend 15, 20 dollars on movie tickets and what not, but when it comes to pay $10 for a game that will give them hours of fun, they become reluctant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Easton
United States
Casey
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in. Been wanting this for a while, now seems as good of a time as any. We play the heck out of Tichu, and now we'll have something similar when 2 or 3 players are around.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.