Popular Tags: [View All]
David Etherton
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They each let your bid count for half a coin more.

So if you manage to get both of them, does that mean each of your bids is a full coin higher? So could I bid only three coins for something that cost four coins minimum bid? And if I bid three coins for something, only somebody bidding five for it later could outbid me?

Thanks,

-Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
etherton wrote:
They each let your bid count for half a coin more.

So if you manage to get both of them, does that mean each of your bids is a full coin higher? So could I bid only three coins for something that cost four coins minimum bid? And if I bid three coins for something, only somebody bidding five for it later could outbid me?

Thanks,

-Dave

They do add together if you have both. Handy! Fear the person that has both.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Etherton
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a great game. I'm still trying to get the hang of it... my third game was today and it was a tight race. Had feeding on the 8th round, and knew Earthquake (which I was immune to) and Plague (which I was not) were going to show up at the end of the game. I had ten people, little food, but 20+ luxury goods, so for some damned reason I thought it would be best to let one person die since I would lose him anyway (10 minus a third is 6, just like 9 minus a third) and I figured it was better to feed fewer people twice.

I then proceeded to get a tile that would get me three folks on the last round. Plague hit, knocking me from 12 down to ... crap. 8? How did I end up with 6 people then? No wonder I was confused when I thought I had 24 points when I was sitting on the 6 space in the population track.

Everybody else had 7. I came in last.

Either I'm a complete idiot, or I misremembered how many people I decided to keep alive... in which case I'm still a complete idiot.

-Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.