Subject: Is a Villain considered a monster? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sérgio Iglésias
Portugal
Porto - V.N. Gaia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is a Villain considered a monster? There are some encounters that say pick/choose every monster and do something, should villains be affected by this rule?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. It's in the FAQ.

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vayda
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
https://sites.google.com/site/cnjxwing/home
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Irxson wrote:
Is a Villain considered a monster? There are some encounters that say pick/choose every monster and do something, should villains be affected by this rule?

It's like all squares are rectangles, but not all rectangles are squares.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave C
United States
Oceanside
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They are special monsters.. and activate before the regular monsters during the Villain phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Butler
United States
Fort Walton Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They also activate during EVERY hero's Villain phase, not just the "controlling hero".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sim Kill
msg tools
We considered villains as monsters in our last game, and ended up hypnotising ashardalon to attack other standard monsters in the dungeon. The mechanic seemed broken to me, but it's been clarified in several places that villains are indeed counted as monsters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Platy Hiker
msg tools
mbmb
How about the phrase "each monster controlled by the active hero" - does a villain meet that description? You can argue no, that no particular hero controls the villain, or argue yes, that for the time being, the active hero controls the villain, and then the next hero will control the villain on his/her turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Harrison
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well shoot, here I was not using Trapping Strike on Klak because I thought he was a Villain, not a monster. Would have made things infinitely easier if I wasn't chasing the little bugger as he kept teleporting away.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.