Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jimmy Pattaya
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you use the "Spy in the Camp" special card to prevent Sapphire from healing it's battle wounds that it just received this turn, then what happens on the next player's turn? Does Sapphire's Combat Skill of completely healing itself still kick in next turn or does it heal like all the other General's (i.e. 1 wound per turn)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Abdullah Ibrahim - African River
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Esto wrote:
If you use the "Spy in the Camp" special card to prevent Sapphire from healing it's battle wounds that it just received this turn, then what happens on the next player's turn? Does Sapphire's Combat Skill of completely healing itself still kick in next turn or does it heal like all the other General's (i.e. 1 wound per turn)?

The card's effect is to prevent healing for one turn. It says nothing about ongoing effects, so logic dictates that Sapphire would heal normally (to full strength) on the following turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Launius
United States
Johns Creek
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

Sphere's answer is correct - the prevent healing of Sapphire is only a minor delay to the Dragon's healing ability, but if you have another hero that can attack and finish her off before the end of the next turn it can be a very valuable play of the card.

Thanks for playing and thanks to Sphere for the quick response.

Richard
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Pattaya
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Richard Launius wrote:

Sphere's answer is correct - the prevent healing of Sapphire is only a minor delay to the Dragon's healing ability, but if you have another hero that can attack and finish her off before the end of the next turn it can be a very valuable play of the card.

Thanks for playing and thanks to Sphere for the quick response.

Richard
Just as a follow-up to make sure I understand correctly, when the special card, "Strong Defences", says the duration is "1 player's turn", does this mean all 4 of my characters have 1 final chance to finish Sapphire off before he heals everything? Your answer seems to imply that this is the correct interpretation. Previously, I had thought that only the very next character to play would have one final shot at Sapphire before healing commenced.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.