Subject: Purchase... Americans or Germans or both? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Brown
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wondering if everyone has purchased both armies or have been lucky enough to just have to purchase one, while others in your gaming group/friend(s) purchase the other army? As far as I can tell it appears everyone here has ended up doing double duty after buying the base game and expansion.

I have purchase both armies.(wish we could do polls here)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CWattie
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Can't speak for others...but I've bought both.

Initially bought Day of Days plus an American M2 Carbine leader and German Mauser 98 leader.

Just placed another order for Road to Carentan plus an American Airborne Squad Bundle and German Luftlande Squad Bundle.

Not really anyone around I wargame with other than my small kids so I will be doing double duty buying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Koch
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Double duty here as well. Maybe with some luck I can get others in, but they would also likely do double duty to have the ability to play when I am not available.

-Rob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Barton
United States
Atlanta
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, both here also. Mainly playing with son right now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bowker
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've also bought a bunch of both. One thing to remember is that with the unique soldiers even if someone else in your area has the game you shouldn't get the same ones (other than the standard characters). That way if you use a roster sheet (available here in the Files section) you could always play a larger game with all the figures and sort them out later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, LBG wants to increase the community so that maybe down the road you'll have help fielding larger forces. Working on an idea right now, in fact...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Di Ponio
United States
Lake Orion
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have purchased xtra squads. I have been playing Carentan and now am looking to aquire MG teams.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Brown
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kinda figured everyone has purchased both armies out of the gate.(not that this is everyone) I'm just glad they didn't open up with something that featured Brits and Soviets too.Talk about tough choices that would make. shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bartow Riggs
United States
Antelope
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dorb wrote:
Kinda figured everyone has purchased both armies out of the gate.(not that this is everyone) I'm just glad they didn't open up with something that featured Brits and Soviets too.Talk about tough choices that would make. shake

I imagine that will come down the road....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, we wanted to keep things easy to begin with, but there are certainly more choices coming ahead.

Jeff has already mentioned German FJs are in the near future. After that will be the WHACK! OUCH!

Sorry... yes, there are other armies coming.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Barton
United States
Atlanta
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have looked at the FAA line and am keeping my fingers crossed that will be a good start for a look into the future. One of the things that sold me on the system.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.