Little Dead Riding Hood» Forums » Rules

Subject: HELP! These rules MUST be missing a page! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kikathumper
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
First, Are the Helpers face up? In the review, it looks like you get to 'draft" one each turn so I assume so?

Second, When and how many tiles are drawn? I don't see ANYTHING about this? I assume you can only move ON the actual tiles so you must have to draw them at the start of every turn, but only one? Sequence?

I have everything set up, and I've never felt at such a loss to be able to start playing. Please help!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Breitenstein
United States
Campbell County
Kentucky
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi!
First, take a deep breath...

You seem to be over complicating things a bit.

You are correct. The helpers are drafted starting with the first player.

The tiles are placed through the helper cards. (Also, some event cards let you place tiles.)

Let me kknow if you have any further questions,
Todd
Twilight Creations, Inc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kikathumper
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I do have a few more questions:

1. Are the helper cards drafted by everyone before the rest of the turn takes place?

2. Which of the helper cards have "immediate effects"? And do those happen BEFORE the other players draft?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Breitenstein
United States
Campbell County
Kentucky
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi!
Each helper is chosen and its effect is resolved (if appropriate) before the next player chooses their helper. As stated in the rules, some helpers effects are not immediate but take effect later in the turn.

Basically, each turn is broken down into a series of "rounds." Each round is finished before the next begins.
Todd
Twilight Creations, Inc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kanoy
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
When you say a series of rounds, do you mean that:
round 1-each player in turn selects and immediately resolves (where appropriate) a helper
round 2-each player in turn who is on a space with a wolf resolves pre-movement combat
round 3-each player in turn moves.

I have more questions.

What a big mouth you have: if this card is played after the resolving player has decided how many bullets he/she is putting in the bag, may he/she put more bullets in the bag, or is the number of bullets locked in by the initial choice.

Off the Path: Can the "end" piece be a piece adjacent to the start area end of the board?

Wolf: How much of the next turn does the player skip? Do they get a helper? Do they get to resolve pre-movement combat? Does the player just skip the movement portion of their turn?

Prince: Does the player switch one tile with one other tile for a total of two moved tiles, or does a player switch two tiles with two other tiles for a total of four moved tiles? Additionally, if a player is on a space with a wolf and then chooses the prince as a helper, can this helper cause the pawn to move off of the tile with the wolf and no combat is resolved, or must combat with the wolf be resolved before the player moves?

The start area: Can a pawn be moved along the squares of the start area in order to make use of another players path, or must the player move into the forest before moving sideways?

Forced pawn movement: Pawns can be moved through other pawns, but not end their move in the same tile as another pawn. What do you do with pawns that have been foreced one space backwards by failed combat or card play and that one move backwards places them on a tile with another pawn? Do they share the tile or do you move a/an extra space(s) until you get to a tile without any pawn?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Siel Oren
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hey dave, your questions seem kind of relevant and thought out. i hope you get your answers. i'm just here to check if i should check the game out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marwan Marwan مروان مروان
Canada
Greater Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bumping this to see if we can get some answers for Dave.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.