Glory to Rome» Forums » General

Subject: First playthrough was fantastic, now a few questions! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb

When you Lead, do you take your action right away, or after everyone in the round has choosen to think/follow.

How does the pool start? Is there a certain number of cards that start in the pool? Cause we played with nothing in the pool at the beginning and everybody just sat there and thinked. It was wierd.

When it says on a building that you can draw from the deck, do you grab the deck, look throught and find the card you want and take it? or just grab the top card?

Thanks alot guys

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie B
United States
Unspecified
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
You wait and everybody else gets to decide if they want to think/follow.

At the start of the game you flip a card for every player. The building that is closest to the letter "A" starts. That means there will be at least as many cards in the pool as there are players to begin with.

You just grab the top card from the deck.

Keep playing, this is an awesome game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Timbledum
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eddie B is right on.

One clarification:
1> Someone leads a card.
2> One by one everyone chooses whether to think or follow. If one chooses to think they do so immediately. If they choose to follow, they must wait.
3> Everybody executes all their actions in turn order from the leader.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark M
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And, even if subsequent players think, they can still use any Clients that match what was led

Edit: Changed word Patrons to Clients to use the right terminology
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
timbledum wrote:
Eddie B is right on.

One clarification:
1> Someone leads a card.
2> One by one everyone chooses whether to think or follow. If one chooses to think they do so immediately. If they choose to follow, they must wait.
3> Everybody executes all their actions in turn order from the leader.

Then the leader goes first!! ahh that makes so much sense.

Thanks man.

And thats Eddie B, heres a lil somethin somethin.

And this is an Awesome Game, i cant wait for the Promo cards to come out for the I.V edition

Last Question!

When you have a Patron as a Client. and it is your turn to lead.

Can you lead with that patron client? while you think?

Or is does that situation only occur when you follow?

GG for the cleariest answer!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mat Nowak
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When you lead you have a choice: Either you think and draw cards/jack OR your play a card from your hand to lead that role. You can't use your Clients to lead roles. This goes for every single type of client.

So, if you had a patron in your clientele and it was your turn to lead, and you wanted to add more clients to your clientele, you would need to play a Patron card from your hand or a Jack or 2/3 identical role cards depending on whether you are playing Imperial or Republic variants.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb

Thanks!! we are still playing the game wrong but getting closer to the real rules inch by inch

FINAL QUESTION,
Now, When you lead with a Craftsman, and you have one Craftsman client, Can you now do two craftsman actions?

Or do clients only matter when you are following?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark M
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You get to follow your own lead with your clients - wouldn't be fair for only the other players to benefit! Brilliant game - enjoy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Bart
United States
Winnetka
California
flag msg tools
designer
Baseball been bery bery good to me
badge
This is a picture of a published game designer
mbmbmbmbmb
moses beard wrote:

That would be a very weird game. When anyone leads, all clients of the led role are activated, whether the player leads, follows, or thinks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Flood
United States
Richmond
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
manymoodys wrote:
And, even if subsequent players think, they can still use any Patrons that match what was led

I think you meant "Clients" instead of "Patrons."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie B
United States
Unspecified
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
moses beard wrote:

Thanks!! we are still playing the game wrong but getting closer to the real rules inch by inch

FINAL QUESTION,
Now, When you lead with a Craftsman, and you have one Craftsman client, Can you now do two craftsman actions?

Hey moses beard,

Where do you live in PA? We play this game regularly and if you happen to live close to Pittsburgh we would be more than happy to show you the GtR ins and outs!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark M
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I think you meant "Clients" instead of "Patrons."

You're correct - fixed it above as well. Patrons hire Clients, who remain Clients.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Mosley
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
burrie wrote:

Hey moses beard,

Where do you live in PA? We play this game regularly and if you happen to live close to Pittsburgh we would be more than happy to show you the GtR ins and outs!

I live in Pittsburgh and been wanting to check out this game. Would that invite be open to me?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
Mosley wrote:
burrie wrote:

Hey moses beard,

I live in Pittsburgh and been wanting to check out this game. Would that invite be open to me?

Yeah I live too far away man, thanks though!have Mosley come instead!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie B
United States
Unspecified
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
Mosley wrote:
burrie wrote:

Hey moses beard,

Sure! We are meeting this Saturday and we meet every Tuesday night. Both events are held in the North Hills.

GM me if you are interested.

Eddie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.