Subject: Phase 5 question. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alexey Bobrov
Russia
Novosibirsk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We played the game for the first time yesterday.

I'm afraid we commited a mistake during our first play and during phase 5 a player played a card and then play passed onto the next player. But we had a few rounds in phase 5 until all of the players have passed.

Upon rereading the rules I think you get only 1 go in phase 5 and play as many cards as possible then pass and don't get to play any more cards (defence cards being an exception). Am I right?

I'd like some clarification on that. Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes you are now correct.

You get one turn to play as many cards as you like, with turn order starting with the Don and moving round clockwise. This makes turn order and who is the Don a huge part of the game, as if you opt not to attack, your rival who was further away from the Don can decimate you. Likeise if I am a weaker player I will attempt to make the Don the player to my right so that I will get to attack my rival and thus weaken them before their turn to attack me.

This creates a huge degree of paranoia, fear and loathing. While making the Don - the Don.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexey Bobrov
Russia
Novosibirsk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks once again, Liam!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.