Subject: 1979 drivers set rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Massimiliano Occhipinti
Italy
CHIAVARI (GE)
flag msg tools
mbmb
Back playing this super nice board game!
I was wondering if anyone has the 1979 drivers card set to sell or a scanned version to send via mail?

any help will be appreciated

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert Taylor
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Keep an eye out on eBay as this set representing the 1978 Indy 500 drivers shows up as part of the complete USAC game there fairly often.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Fat Tony
United States
Fairfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Max, I'm pretty sure that Avalon Hill only made cards for the even numbered year Indy races: 1978, 1980, 1982, 1984, and 1986. The game has a copyright of 1979 but I do not think that cards were made for the drivers of the 1979 Indy race. The first edition game published by Jim Barnes, which I recently re-added to this game's page came with 10 card sets ranging in years from the 1950s thru 1970.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rommie Curtis
United States
Suffolk
VA
flag msg tools
mb
Avalon Hill only did the driver cards for the even numbered years, starting with the original set for 1978. Sets for 1980,1982,1984, and 1986 were definitely made. Thought that they might have done sets for 1988 and 1990, but I haven't been able to verify this.
Rob C.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.