5 Posts

Carcassonne» Forums » Rules

Subject: Joining up cities that you own? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
stuey sheep
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
If I have two separate uncompleted cities, each with one of my meeples on it, can I join these up? If so, can I then remove one of the meeples?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ferejohn
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
Pitying fools as hard as I can...
mbmbmbmbmb
stueysheep wrote:
If I have two separate uncompleted cities, each with one of my meeples on it, can I join these up? If so, can I then remove one of the meeples?

You can join them up, but you can't remove any meeples until the city is completed (at which point you can remove all of them).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Coen Velden
Germany
Geldern
Deutschland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Of course you can, this method is useful to prevent others taking over/be part of that city.
You can't take away one of your meeples, it stays there until the city is complete!

Edit: Chris was slightly faster.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kerstholt
Netherlands
Sebaldeburen
Groningen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can join them, but imho you may only remove both meeples when the joined city is completed. So there's no joining to get one meeple back.

I would join them if your opponent has the majority on an adjacent field, thus reducing his/her points. If however you have the majority you would reduce your own (field) points by joining.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Leber
Canada
Orillia
ON
flag msg tools
Yin
badge
Yang
mbmbmbmbmb
This is how some major "city battles" can break out.

Your city and an opponents join (but not yet complete), leaving a meeple each. You join another city with your meeple, giving you 2 meeples in the city, vs his 1. Then he joins a city adding another meeple.... etc.

We always play with all of the expansions, adding a TON of tiles. You should see the ridiculous "city-offs" we get into. having at least one 20+ tile city with 10 meeples on it isn't unusual at all, lol.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.