Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Onirim» Forums » Rules

Subject: Discarding Cards After Finding A Door, Symbols And Door Sequence rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shadow ruxer
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, everyone, just had a couple questions on the game

1. When i get three colors in a row, do i draw a card first or get the door out?

2.If i have no choice but to put the same symbol, do i discard a card instead?

3.When you complete three colors and get a door, do ALL the cards you compiled go with the set of three cards and the door (technically they are out of the game)

Thanks a ton people soblue
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G W M
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
Don't play in the street....
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
the_shadow447 wrote:
Hey, everyone, just had a couple questions on the game

1. When i get three colors in a row, do i draw a card first or get the door out?

2.If i have no choice but to put the same symbol, do i discard a card instead?

3.When you complete three colors and get a door, do ALL the cards you compiled go with the set of three cards and the door (technically they are out of the game)

Thanks a ton people soblue


1. I believe the door comes out first from memory.

2. You cannot play the same symbol, so if this is the case, you will need to discard.

3. Yes, once the cards are played they are out of the game.

My review will offer you some more insight to this awesome game. GM
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arvydas Kazlauskas
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
Avatar
the_shadow447 wrote:
Hey, everyone, just had a couple questions on the game :)

1. When i get three colors in a row, do i draw a card first or get the door out?

2.If i have no choice but to put the same symbol, do i discard a card instead?

3.When you complete three colors and get a door, do ALL the cards you compiled go with the set of three cards and the door (technically they are out of the game)

Thanks a ton people :soblue:


1. You find the door first.
2. Since you can't play the same symbol twice you have no choice as to discard it.
3. I you want, you can discard the previously played cards, but you should keep the last one on the table to be sure you don't start over with the same symbol!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tucker Taylor
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Is your score positive? You win! (Some players win more than others.)
badge
A woman needs a man like a fish needs a saxophone.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ArvydasK wrote:
3. I you want, you can discard the previously played cards, but you should keep the last one on the table to be sure you don't start over with the same symbol!

Note that if you're playing with the Book Of Steps Lost And Found expansion you shouldn't "discard" them to the discard pile, since they can't be used to pay for spells.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alex andros
France
flag msg tools
JazzFish wrote:
ArvydasK wrote:
3. I you want, you can discard the previously played cards, but you should keep the last one on the table to be sure you don't start over with the same symbol!

Note that if you're playing with the Book Of Steps Lost And Found expansion you shouldn't "discard" them to the discard pile, since they can't be used to pay for spells.


If I may add my view on the subject, even without the expansion I wouldn't "discard" the past labyrinth cards unless I was a "RainMan" type of guy, because looking at them helps me to know which colors/symbols I can expect to find in the draw pile. The game is all about not wasting rare cards, otherwise it's just randomness...

If the table is too small to keep all piles and stacks I usualy just pile them up without mixing or displacing them.

Cheers and good dreaming
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.