Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't been able to find any reviews of the official online and PC version of the game. Have there been any?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
juan
Argentina
Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i really don't know, but i have the board game and the online game. Amazing both!!! But, still prefer the board than the online.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Taylor-Smith
Canada
Okotoks
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a quick review: The online version is the same game. The deck shuffle is automatic and fast online but the feel of components and friendly gaming faces is missing. The online version does not have the full scope of the expansions yet. Ticket to Ride: Nordic Countries, The Mystery Train Expansion, The 1912 Expansion, The Asia Expansion, The Marklin Game, and Alvin & Dexter are all missing from the online version.

There is one great advantage to the online version; you can get geekgold for winning if you play it through the Boardgamegeek Misc. online game tab.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info. Does it have a computer opponent?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Judd
United States
Wright City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I have noticed one issue with the online and downloaded versions. When playing tunnel routes on the Swiss map, you can't select the number of regular cars and locomotives you play. It's either all regular cars (and locomotives if you don't have enough regular cars) or all locomotives. There have been times that I want to save a regular car or two of that color and fill the rest of the route with a few locomotives but have been unable to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Judd
United States
Wright City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mb
rickert wrote:
Thanks for the info. Does it have a computer opponent?

There are 4 different AI personalities for the downloaded version. I can't remember how many different versions of AI bots there are for the online version. You can play against up to 4 computer opponents.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.