Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Igor Tudor
Croatia
flag msg tools
hi everyone, n00b here blush

LOTR:LCG is a great game and I have one question about rules
is this true or false:

A) during staging step (after encounter card flip) I'm only looking at the "when revealed" text of that card, completely ignoring any potential shadow text??

B) during combat phase (after encounter card flip), I'm only looking at the shadow effect, completely ignoring anything else on the that card???
in other words: the necromancer's reach (core 93) does nothing during combat???

and

C) can I defend with wandering took (core 43), assigned damage to him (something like old MTG 'damage on stack rule') and than give took to other player to reduce my threat?

ty big time, and sry for my bad english
(english is my 3th language)

oblowsky

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Fanchi
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
oblowsky wrote:
A) during staging step (after encounter card flip) I'm only looking at the "when revealed" text of that card, completely ignoring any potential shadow text??

Yes.
oblowsky wrote:
B) during combat phase (after encounter card flip), I'm only looking at the shadow effect, completely ignoring anything else on the that card???
in other words: the necromancer's reach (core 93) does nothing during combat???

Yes and yes.

oblowsky wrote:
C) can I defend with wandering took (core 43), assigned damage to him (something like old MTG 'damage on stack rule') and than give took to other player to reduce my threat?

Yes, assuming the took survives the attack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Igor Tudor
Croatia
flag msg tools
tnx m8!

about C), my idea is to defend with took, and give him before damage. that won't work?
do I have time to responce after game determine damage, and before resolve?

oh, and one more thing... after game defeat one player (in 2 player game), during staging step encounter deck still reveals 2 or just 1 card?

ty for your time!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Barth
Germany
flag msg tools
oblowsky wrote:
about C), my idea is to defend with took, and give him before damage. that won't work?

That will resolve in an undefended attack, so you have to assign the damage to a hero instead. But this is still a valuable strategy as the shadow card already resolves as if the attack was "defended". Especially Gloin likes that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Mills
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One thing - there's no stack. Damage resolves immediately after being assigned.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Igor Tudor
Croatia
flag msg tools
tnx everyone. very helpfull! laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.