7 Posts

Twilight Struggle» Forums » Rules

Subject: scoring for thailand / SE Asia rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mateusz Mucha
Poland
flag msg tools
Sorry if I'm not getting the terms right... I only have the Polish version.

General rules for scoring are those that you get x/y/z points for presence/domination/control of the region, 1 for every battleground country and 1 for every country that neighbors with the enemy empire.

"Southeast Asia Scoring" card (not sure about the name) says I'm getting 1 for several less important countries and 2 for Thailand.

The question: do I get the bonus for Thailand being a battleground country as well? Or, in other words - do I get 2 or 3 points for controlling Thailand?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bauer
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Bazinga!
mbmbmbmbmb
2 for Thailand, 1 for all the other SE Asian countries. It is labeled a scoring card but doesn't score like any of the other scoring cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Davis
United States
New Concord
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As a reminder - the potential points are printed on each scoring card. (Hence the SE Asia card looks different from the others.) Just do exactly what each card says and you'll be fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Hooper
United States
Rockford
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, IIRC, SE Asia scoring is the only scoring card that is removed from the game after it's used, not shuffled back into the deck like the other scoring cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JayJay Twicotcha
Poland
flag msg tools
muszek wrote:
General rules for scoring are those that you get x/y/z points for presence/domination/control of the region

And remeber that you award points only for 1 of the 3 options (presence OR domination OR control). They are not cumulative.

Sorry if this rule was obvious to you, but I've seen many posts indicating this is not fully understood and I don't know how it was described in the Polish rulebook.

I ENVY YOU the Polish edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mickey
Singapore
flag msg tools
Twilight struggling to find time to play
badge
Twilight struggling to find time to play
mbmbmbmbmb
jason_55 wrote:
muszek wrote:
General rules for scoring are those that you get x/y/z points for presence/domination/control of the region

And remeber that you award points only for 1 of the 3 options (presence OR domination OR control). They are not cumulative.

Sorry if this rule was obvious to you, but I've seen many posts indicating this is not fully understood and I don't know how it was described in the Polish rulebook.

I ENVY YOU the Polish edition.

Hi, i just started to play and browse the forum for obvious playing mistakes, and once i read your post I searched the rules extensively to find where it is mentioned that only 1 option is scored, and i could not find it, can you help me confirm? until now we scored every option 1 by 1.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garou Garou
Italy
flag msg tools
Each player only scores the greater option (Control>Domination>Presence), plus additional points for BG countries and for countries adjacent to the enemy's superpower.

For confirmation, see the example of play under point n° 10.1.2 of the Deluxe Edition Rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.