Recommend
7 
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Mage Knight Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Banner of Protection - poison - Power of Pain rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Ludlow
United States
Saint Louis Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Banner of Protection wrote:
At the end of your turn, you may throw away all Wounds you received this turn.

Are wounds added to your discard pile via poison considered "received"?

Are wounds played to the table via Power of Pain still considered "received"?


3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Pix
Italy
Roma
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jdludlow wrote:
Banner of Protection wrote:
At the end of your turn, you may throw away all Wounds you received this turn.

Are wounds added to your discard pile via poison considered "received"?


Yes, I don't see why not. Where they go (hand or discard pile) seems irrelevant.

jdludlow wrote:

Are wounds played to the table via Power of Pain still considered "received"?


If you did not receive the wounds this turn and then play them using Power of Pain then no. If you did receive them this turn, and then play them with Power of Pain, I think it's ok to discard them.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Cannon
United States
Annapolis
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
But I think only wounds received in your hand count towards knocking a hero out in combat.

Is that how everyone else is playing? i.e. you don't count the extra wounds from poison when checking against your hand limit for a knockout.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
wtcannonjr wrote:
But I think only wounds received in your hand count towards knocking a hero out in combat.

Is that how everyone else is playing? i.e. you don't count the extra wounds from poison when checking against your hand limit for a knockout.


That is correct. I remember answering this quesion a month or two ago, but cant remember where. Knock-out is definitely only cards taken to hand.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.