Popular Tags: [View All]
Yoann
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

Did you get clarifications for 2 points of rules :

* Spear hut scores as soon as you paid for it with spears token ?
* Exchange hut can be used once by turn not once by action ?

I would like to highlight a point of rule which seems to be obvious but in fact no

In your territory, some additional tikis or kahunas needs a shell or a foot to be paid to be placed. It's not a gain it's something you need to buy to put the token.

It seems nothing is clearly explained in this way in the rules (or may be I missed something !)

Thx !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Daigle
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, Yoann-

Thanks for your questions.

I hope this will clarify things:

1) If you buy a spear hut with a spear token, the hut does not score right away. A spear hut only scores on FUTURE purchases with spear tokens.

2) Each exchange hut can be used once per turn, and each hut can be considered individually when it comes to using it for movement or for purchase. For example, if I were to have two exchange huts in my realm, I could use one to aid me in movement and in the same turn use the other to help me with a purchase. Of course you can combine multiple huts for the same action, say using the two huts to help with a purchase. You cannot, however, split the 2x hut to help with both movement and purchase.

3) Regarding the tiki and kahuna spaces, those feet and shells you see pictured on your board are not additional expenses, but, in fact, one-time benefits a player receives the moment he places either a tiki or kahuna on those selected spaces. For example, if I were to place kahunas in front of village rows 3 and 4, I would receive a one-time benefit of 1 + 2 shells from the supply to add behind my screen. As a point of clarification, you cannot use those shells printed on your board to help pay for the kahunas you want to place there.

Greg
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Etherion wrote:

In your territory, some additional tikis or kahunas needs a shell or a foot to be paid to be placed. It's not a gain it's something you need to buy to put the token.

It seems nothing is clearly explained in this way in the rules (or may be I missed something !)

It's there - if you know where to look!

Tikis and kahunas are explaned on page 2 of the Overview. Right after the Tiki and Kahuna headlines comes the relevant paragraph.

As for the Exchange Hut: Each hut can be used to exchange 1 (or 2) resource(s) with something else EVERY single time you pay.
This may not be intention of the designer, but it is the rules of the game - at least until official erata has been issued.
(and it hasn't yet been included in the official clarification sheet)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Schoenheiter
Germany
Heusenstamm
Hessen
flag msg tools
publisher
Also: GameDev&Editor
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't get it either. I also read it that you can use all huts on all purchases. I.E. if I have a 2 hut I can use it for my movement and then for my payment. That's what the german rules say.

But apparently you the designer meant that each and very hut can only be used once for every action you take each movement - but can be combined?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Daigle
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I apologize for the confusion. Both Mik and Benjamin are correct that the current German rules state that the exchange hut can be used every time (both for moving and paying.) This rule is being revised by HiG and will eventually state that an exchange hut can be used once per turn, either for moving or paying. As I mentioned in the post above, when a player has multiple exchange huts, he can decide for each hut whether he wants to use it for moving or paying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As per June 14, 2012, the rules and an official answer still follow the original rules as printed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alvaro BF
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Greg Daigle wrote:
Hi, Yoann-

Thanks for your questions.

I hope this will clarify things:

1) If you buy a spear hut with a spear token, the hut does not score right away. A spear hut only scores on FUTURE purchases with spear tokens.

2) Each exchange hut can be used once per turn, and each hut can be considered individually when it comes to using it for movement or for purchase. For example, if I were to have two exchange huts in my realm, I could use one to aid me in movement and in the same turn use the other to help me with a purchase. Of course you can combine multiple huts for the same action, say using the two huts to help with a purchase. You cannot, however, split the 2x hut to help with both movement and purchase.

3) Regarding the tiki and kahuna spaces, those feet and shells you see pictured on your board are not additional expenses, but, in fact, one-time benefits a player receives the moment he places either a tiki or kahuna on those selected spaces. For example, if I were to place kahunas in front of village rows 3 and 4, I would receive a one-time benefit of 1 + 2 shells from the supply to add behind my screen. As a point of clarification, you cannot use those shells printed on your board to help pay for the kahunas you want to place there.

Greg

But you only score points with the spear hut starting with the next round?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JinRoh wrote:

Correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alvaro BF
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great Dane wrote:
JinRoh wrote:

Correct.

I'm confused, is it the next ROUND or the next TURN (= after it's your turn again)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Next time you have an action - which would be next time it is your turn, which would be next player round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JinRoh wrote:
Great Dane wrote:
JinRoh wrote:

Correct.

I'm confused, is it the next ROUND or the next TURN (= after it's your turn again)

It's next TURN, not next ROUND. A round is a defined game term in Hawaii, and there are five of them in a game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.