Subject: scratch-built monolith pieces rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fen Yan
United States
La Mirada
California
flag msg tools
I think Eclipse the game and 2001 the movie are both pretty cool so I spent some time making monolith counters:

For the monolith part I cut a 6 mm wide strip from the cardboard counter sprue for the Eclipse counters. From this I cut out 13.5 mm sections (after all we have the 1:4:9 ratio to preserve!). These cardboard bits were then painted black. Finally I glued them onto a base (in this case a piece scavenged from my Mechwarrior game).

In our game the other night two of us had 30+ materials points stockpiled in hopes the monolith tech would come out. It never did the whole game LOL!

We may paint the bases gray to resemble the moonscape scene from 2001. Cue Ligetti's "Requiem":

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Moore
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Very cool. Maybe if they were bigger they'd seem more Monolithic but excellent work. And funny too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Lott
United States
Little Elm
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pics!

*edit
Ahh, there ARE pics... had a bad internet connection so couldn't see them. Looks great!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Brokaw
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
It's not a damn moped!
mbmbmbmbmb
"My god, they're full of stars!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.