James Bentley
United States
Cleburne
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Last night I downloaded a new card game for iPad called "Picket Fences," but I didn't get to play it until this morning.

Has anyone else here got to play this? I ended up playing it for several hours.

Here's a link to this awesome game:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/picket-fences/id441736971?mt=...

It's a series of rummy games, but the implementation is excellent, and the graphics are great as well, and there are a few twists thrown in as well. The game comes initially with 3 free games (variations on rummy), but 7 more can be unlocked...Yes, the 7 additional games cost $4.99 (for all 7, NOT each), but if you play through the first three, I almost guarantee you'll want to play the others. Every time you unlock a new game, some new feature or twist is added to make each game very fun and interesting, like the ability to stab your opponents in the back and other twists.

The only bummer to it is that, at least right now, it's solo only, against 3 computer opponents. It's easy to learn, but very addictive, and the computer players can hold their own. There's a nice tutorial also.

But I'm really hoping that an update will add multiplayer capabilities.

I like this so much now I'm wishing it was an actual card game that I could play face-to-face with others. I'd buy it in a second.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone here on BGG has seen/played this awesome, addictive game? (In case you can't tell, I really like it! )

Thanks,
jrbentley

P.S. BTW, I not affiliated in any way with the company that produced the game.

Edit: I just noticed that this is also available for PC...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Games? People still play games??
badge
Specious arguments are not proof of trollish intent.
mbmbmbmbmb
This should have been a GeekList. First.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The neutral evil villain known as
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Ow quit it.
mbmbmbmbmb
Dang it does look fun, but I have no ipad....
It looks like a good candidate for a real card game tho.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.