Popular Tags: [View All]
Hank Panethiere
United States
Kirkwood
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The designer posed a question to the Kickstarter updates...for those who don't get update notifications I'd like to get your opinion. Whether or not you are backing the project doesn't matter, in the end the bigger the pool of responses the more accurate the result...it may even sway you to back the project.

Poll is at the bottom of the entry

http://kck.st/tCfyTQ

The question:

Quote:
This is an open question , so please feel free to reply with your opinion. Are the icons on the dice (specifically the Victim Dice), adding confusion to the game when it could be made simpler? Example, right now for the Vampire Victim Die, there is a Blood Droplet = +1 Health, A Blood Chalice = +2, and a Blood Keg = +3. I figured the visual increase of what the subject is, is intuitive and fun. I don't know, a keg 'o blood brings a smile to my face and the idea of turning humans into steaks as a werewolf makes me laugh (as I picture a werewolf standing by a grill wearing an apron). BUT, that is the artist in me...always creating images. That doesn't necessarily mean it's good for the GAME aspect, just the ART aspect. And this is not an art project but a game project.

So I'd like to know...would you prefer to see the art remain as it is or something more slimmed down like say 2 and 3 Blood Droplets to indicate extra health gained? This is an area that I have been stubborn about, but I want honest opinions and don't wish to bias anyone. I want to make the game YOURS. What do you want to see rolled? What do YOU think would work best?

Come one and come all to comment! As my supporters you have a say. I want to hear from you.

Here is an alternative option (let's call it the Current w/Numbers Design):

Link to Poll
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vanessa Simek
United States
Wilmington
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Need your opinion...Current VS. Simplified Dice Icons
Thank you Hank!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.