Popular Tags: [View All]
wendigo song
United States
Claymont
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Really anxious to get a copy of this game because it looks fun. I went to my local game shop to inquire about it and the owner told me that he hasn't heard anything about a release for the game. I was just wondering when this game was supposed to hit shelves because the current state of the economy has forced me to reduce my gaming budget for the year significantly and I want to put this game on my shortlist.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason John
United States
Whitinsville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Last I heard, this is going to Kickstarter in early Feb.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john guthrie
United States
silver spring
maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JJAPS2 wrote:
Last I heard, this is going to Kickstarter in early Feb.

second that, a february kickstart is what i heard as well.

and it's definitely worth your shortlist. i've played twice and found it great fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wendigo song
United States
Claymont
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why is it going Kickstart as opposed to a simple commerical release? I thought the game already had a publisher.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Sizemore
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.NevermoreGames.com
badge
This is NOT a Chihuahua. It is a Sphynx cat. A bald, grouchy Sphynx cat who will bite you if you mistake him for a Chihuahua.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, thanks for the interest! Yes, we're planning to launch our Kickstarter campaign in (yikes) just a few short weeks. We do have a publisher, so to speak, but it's us. 8ˆ)

We expect a fairly quick turnaround once we're funded. There are a few copies out there for testing, review, and feedback, but we don't expect anything more than minor tweaks to the rules and design at this point. We have to add diagrams and art to the rulebook, and we need to finish the box design. After that... it's off to the printer!

I'm hesitant to give even a rough estimate of when the game might be in people's hands, in light of the recent difficulties some other publishers have had with printing and shipping their titles. But you can expect frequent updates here, via Twitter, and on the Nevermore Games site.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Leath
United States
Newark
OH
flag msg tools
badge
This too shall pass...
mbmbmbmbmb
skipsizemore wrote:
Hey, thanks for the interest! Yes, we're planning to launch our Kickstarter campaign in (yikes) just a few short weeks. We do have a publisher, so to speak, but it's us. 8ˆ)

We expect a fairly quick turnaround once we're funded. There are a few copies out there for testing, review, and feedback, but we don't expect anything more than minor tweaks to the rules and design at this point. We have to add diagrams and art to the rulebook, and we need to finish the box design. After that... it's off to the printer!

I'm hesitant to give even a rough estimate of when the game might be in people's hands, in light of the recent difficulties some other publishers have had with printing and shipping their titles. But you can expect frequent updates here, via Twitter, and on the Nevermore Games site.

Thanks for the info John. Any chance you'll be demoing the game at upcoming Conventions? (Origins, etc?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Sizemore
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.NevermoreGames.com
badge
This is NOT a Chihuahua. It is a Sphynx cat. A bald, grouchy Sphynx cat who will bite you if you mistake him for a Chihuahua.
mbmbmbmbmb
We'll definitely be at Prezcon in Charlottesville next month, and almost certainly in Baltimore for the Maryland Game Days in April. I would very much like to be at Origins this year, but I can't commit to that 100% yet. Perhaps by May my wife will look at me less dubiously when I mention it. There is a chance that we could have someone else at Origins demoing Chicken Caesar for us, as well, but it's too early to say for sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Seitz
United States
Glen Allen
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Like water spilled on the ground, which cannot be recovered, so we must die. But God does not take away life; instead, he devises ways so that a banished person may not remain estranged from him. 2 Sam 14:14
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm yer Huckleberry!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Fischer
United States
Chester
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Pie Factory Designer
badge
Co-founder of Nevermore Games. Follow me on Twitter @bryanfischer
mbmbmbmbmb
Best line in any western, ever, imho.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Seitz
United States
Glen Allen
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Like water spilled on the ground, which cannot be recovered, so we must die. But God does not take away life; instead, he devises ways so that a banished person may not remain estranged from him. 2 Sam 14:14
mbmbmbmbmb
Bryan Fischer wrote:
Best line in any western, ever, imho.

Ooohhh, I dunno about that!

I can think of a few that give Kilmer a run for his money...

"I don't think it's nice ... you laughin'" - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qi9ID0I41Wk&t=1m10s

"Dyin' ain't much of a livin, boy." -http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEClGMJ2r3g

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining" - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfdpcrOgUp4

"Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms" - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ML6oLuLecQ4

"When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk!" - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUslGSoEH8I

"Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?" - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQt5WPQTwN0

Outlaw Josey Wales is filled with good ones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Sizemore
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.NevermoreGames.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Josey Wales is great, but I think Unforgiven has it beat for lines:

"All right, I'm coming out. Any man I see out there, I'm gonna shoot him. Any sumbitch takes a shot at me, I'm not only gonna kill him, but I'm gonna kill his wife, all his friends, and burn his damn house down."

"Any man don't wanna get killed better clear on out the back."

"That's right. I've killed women and children. I've killed just about everything that walks or crawled at one time or another. And I'm here to kill you, Little Bill, for what you did to Ned."

"I don't deserve this... to die like this. I was building a house."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gavin Owens
United Kingdom
Manchester
Manchester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"dererves got nothing to do with it"
Back on topic really looking forward to this game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wendigo song
United States
Claymont
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So its been about 7 months since I created this thread and I was just hoping for an update as to when this game is going to be getting in the hands of retailers so I can buy it. Unfortunately I'm in a position where I have a lot of store credit at my local game shop and I want to use it toward buying this game along with a few other titles. So any news would be appreciated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Sizemore
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.NevermoreGames.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
harlemsushi wrote:
So its been about 7 months since I created this thread and I was just hoping for an update as to when this game is going to be getting in the hands of retailers so I can buy it. Unfortunately I'm in a position where I have a lot of store credit at my local game shop and I want to use it toward buying this game along with a few other titles. So any news would be appreciated.

The games are either still on the boat or fresh off it -- we still haven't heard, but they should be in the US by now, anyway. So we're down to the last few weeks of waiting!

If your store is listed here, you can just request that they order the game for you:
Game Salute Store Locator

If not, you should still be able to get it there by going to the Chicken Caesar order page and clicking the "Buy Local!" button in the left column. I'd give you that direct URL but it generates a token when the page loads, so you have to click it yourself for it to work.

Let me know if you have any trouble with this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wendigo song
United States
Claymont
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My local game shop is on that list however the owner has not heard or been notified with respect to anything about availability. As a matter of fact he had never even heard of the game till I asked. Is there anywhere that I can direct him to that would be a decent resource for him as a retailer?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Sizemore
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.NevermoreGames.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
harlemsushi wrote:
My local game shop is on that list however the owner has not heard or been notified with respect to anything about availability. As a matter of fact he had never even heard of the game till I asked. Is there anywhere that I can direct him to that would be a decent resource for him as a retailer?

Well, it sounds like we need to ride our fulfillment company a bit harder about promoting the game for us. I believe that your local store can order Chicken Caesar (as well as other Game Salute titles like VivaJava: The Coffee Game, which I expect to be a big hit, and Rise!, which is also quite good) through their ADC representative.

Keep me posted on this, if you don't mind. Our local game store isn't a very reliable test case, since they know us and our game already. But we'd like to know how well (if at all) the game is finding its way into local stores. Thanks for the heads up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Nickell
United States
Bothell
WA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the shout out John. I am of course biased but Rise! Is quite good. As a fellow designer/publisher who got a chance to play Chicken Caesar at GenCon your game is well worth the wait and the hype. I love me some Chicken Caesar!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wendigo song
United States
Claymont
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
skipsizemore wrote:
Well, it sounds like we need to ride our fulfillment company a bit harder about promoting the game for us. I believe that your local store can order Chicken Caesar (as well as other Game Salute titles like VivaJava: The Coffee Game, which I expect to be a big hit, and Rise!, which is also quite good) through their ADC representative.

Keep me posted on this, if you don't mind. Our local game store isn't a very reliable test case, since they know us and our game already. But we'd like to know how well (if at all) the game is finding its way into local stores. Thanks for the heads up!

John, I just spoke to the owner of our local game shop and he said that after our previous conversation he became curious about the game and tried and contacted his distributors and they indicated to him that they had no information about pre-orders and had not heard of the game. If there are any specific questions you want me to ask him, please let me know and I'll happily ask.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Sizemore
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.NevermoreGames.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
harlemsushi wrote:
skipsizemore wrote:

John, I just spoke to the owner of our local game shop and he said that after our previous conversation he became curious about the game and tried and contacted his distributors and they indicated to him that they had no information about pre-orders and had not heard of the game. If there are any specific questions you want me to ask him, please let me know and I'll happily ask.

I have contacted

Game Salute
United States
Londonderry
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

for more information. I will let you know as soon as I hear anything back. I'm sorry this has been such a pain!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Game Salute
United States
Londonderry
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
James, our Chief Sales Officer is on this!

Please email us with the store name and contact info if they're not already listed on GameStoreLocator.com and we'll make sure they have all the details they need.

They can order the game directly through Game Salute by emailing James@GameSalute.com or calling 1-800-459-5516 or through ACD.

- Dan Yarrington
CEO, Game Salute

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.