United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Horta chortles.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Because I don't know, either.

Just looking forward to bringing this to the table next weekend and trying to get in front of questions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the higher the deck number, the stronger the cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Olejnicak
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The way I understood it is that the game is divided loosly into 3 acts that mirrior the movie; First third, second third, and final third.

You are to shuffle the three decks individually, then stack them in order so you are drawing from the 'one' part of the deck first. Once they run out, you get to the 'two' and 'three' respectivly. This randomizes the events to an extent, but keeps big reveal events from happening say, the second turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mesich
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Horta chortles.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you are mistaking the Encounter Deck with the Outpost Player/Thing Decks.

There's come a point in the encounters where players are allowed to start taking card from the next deck. It isn't necessary to exhaust one deck before moving to the next deck. Turns out wasn't much of an issue anyway. In a 6-player game the first deck is almost exhausted at that point. I do wonder if there's some strategy for the Thing Player depending on how many infection card were pulled from the earlier deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.