Defenders of the Realm» Forums » General

Subject: best 3 chars rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
terry simms
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
hi all if i play just 3 chars in the game,what does the geeks think are the best 3 to use for a newbie player plz?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
Midlothian
Virginia
flag msg tools
Man is most nearly himself when he achieves...
badge
We don’t stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
mbmbmbmbmb
Assuming you just have the base game, my group really likes the Eagle Rider, Ranger and Wizard. All of those will give you mobility on the board which is even more important with fewer than four. I suppose that the Sorceress might replace one of those three.

Enjoy the game! It will be a more significant challenge with just three, but, of course, more rewarding if you can score a win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thayne Weston
United States
Nibley
Utah
flag msg tools
The die has been cast- Julius Caesar
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All characters have different advantages. However, one really good 3 combo is the wizard, sorceress, and rogue. Wizard moves to fight off cluster, plus his wisdom is really nice at slowing general progression. The sorceress is great at fighting minions (as well as other things), and the rogue is great at getting cards. I used these three with the dwarf the other night and that combo did very well for us! Good Luck
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Lloyd
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
Canadian Game Design Award: http://www.fallcon.com/design
badge
Canadian Game Design Award: http://www.fallcon.com/design
mbmbmbmbmb
It is best to have a range of abilities:

One (maybe two) character to get the Minions, One to generate resources (cards) and One to help the other two out and maybe help with Taint, Generals, Healing, Special Actions, etc.

I really like the Ranger, Rogue and Sorcerer.

Peace
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.