Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Roger Morley
United Kingdom
Hastings
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am new to PB (and a novice wargamer) and I am playing the first scenario solo.
I have a german mg unit on a hilltop with a russian T34 unit attacking it from gound level 2 hexes away with a slope in between them.

According to the TEC, the attackers AF is halved, and the WEC chart states it is halved. Does this mean the attackers AF is quartered, or does the AF only get reduced once?
(sorry about the poor image)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Husted
United States
East Hartford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am pretty sure that it is quartered. It's been a long time since I played, but I remember that an A class weapon attacking infantry was halved and then the terrain effect also halving the attack for attacking uphill.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan R.
Canada
Vancouver
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes 1/4.
1/2 for AP vs. Infantry
1/2 for the hilltop
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bert Schoose
United States
Delray Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is indeed halved twice. I am pretty sure that fractions are DROPPED so that 13 becomes 6 then 3 or 14 would become 7 then 3. As a result, a combined direct fire attack by two 14 AF armored units would have a total of 6 attack factors and not 7.

Enjoy the game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Morley
United Kingdom
Hastings
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you everyone for their help. The rules were not clear on this (well, I could not find clarification on this point), but you guys have cleared it up.
I am enjoying this game, as I have never played a company/platoon level game before so it is quite different for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Habermehl
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
I strongly suggest that instead of the T-34 firing uphill at the German SMG platoon, the T-34 holds its fire and then overruns the German SMG during the movement phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Henderson
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is erratta at: http://grognard.com/ah/errata/panzerb.html that can help with some rules questions.

I would also recommend picking up the Boardgamer's Guide to Panzerblitz as there is a LOT of good information as well as scenarios in it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.