BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Five Free Microbadges rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
p55carroll
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Don't hang around, 'cause two's a crowd on my cloud, baby.
badge
If I were to hang my head, I'd miss all the rainbows. And I'd drown in raindrops instead.
mbmbmbmbmb
Update: Offer closed. All microbadges awarded.

Some of the games I love don't get enough love or attention (IMHO). But I'll bet somebody out there loves them. So here's the deal:

I'm giving away one each of the microbadges you see under my avatar. If you want one, just post a message to this thread saying which one you want and why you want it (i.e., why you love the game or type of game).

First come, first serve. One badge per person. If you miss out on the one you want, you're free to post and request a second choice.

I can't send you an actual microbadge, so we're going on the honor system here: I send you 8gg, and you promise to buy the microbadge you asked for.

Then, if you're grateful, you can show it by displaying the microbadge now and then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. D.
msg tools
Student teacher and after school worker at Central Islip NY. The kids call me Mr. D
mbmbmbmbmb
Checkers fan becausse of nostalgia: one of my fist gaming memories is playing checkers with my babysitter when I was five. She was ruthless and I learned a lot. Traditional gamer because again, I was brought up on chess, othello, poker (thanks dad), and the like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
p55carroll
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
If I were to hang my head, I'd miss all the rainbows. And I'd drown in raindrops instead.
mbmbmbmbmb
MrDenton wrote:
Checkers fan becausse of nostalgia: one of my fist gaming memories is playing checkers with my babysitter when I was five. She was ruthless and I learned a lot. Traditional gamer because again, I was brought up on chess, othello, poker (thanks dad), and the like.

Hmm--I meant to say one badge per person, but I didn't (I just now edited it into the top post). So you're lucky--you get both.

The checkers mb is now taken. The other four are still available (I'll cough up another 8gg for a second Traditional Gamer mb, for the next person who asks for one).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Boyd
United States
Abilene
Texas
flag msg tools
I Play With Toy Soldiers.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lock'n Load fan since the Shrapnel Vietnam game. I really enjoyed the narrative style of the scenarios, it really added to the experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Loop
United States
Issaquah
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A house divided - played every edition
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kelsith
United States
Bloomington
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Traditional games.

Although many of us do not play them much how many of us honestly started on Roll and Moves and such. We all started there and for most of us we decided that we wanted more, but if we did not enjoy the memories of the early traditional gaming likely we would have never started with any of the "newer" games.

plus dice are cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
p55carroll
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow--this thread has been up for only minutes, and there's only one microbadge left up for grabs. Ironclads, anyone?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucius Cornelius
United States
Rome
SPQR
flag msg tools
badge
Lord Protector of Nothing in Particular
mbmbmbmbmb
Patrick Carroll wrote:
Wow--this thread has been up for only minutes, and there's only one microbadge left up for grabs. Ironclads, anyone?
Me!
Me!
I love the steam tanks on water!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Yeah! What about them 'paddle-&-hamster-wheel-driven' vessels? Where's their 'landlubber' for such overall! shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meredith
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm TOO late!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. D.
msg tools
Student teacher and after school worker at Central Islip NY. The kids call me Mr. D
mbmbmbmbmb
Patrick Carroll wrote:
MrDenton wrote:

Hmm--I meant to say one badge per person, but I didn't (I just now edited it into the top post). So you're lucky--you get both.

The checkers mb is now taken. The other four are still available (I'll cough up another 8gg for a second Traditional Gamer mb, for the next person who asks for one).

1) Thank you for your generosity.

2) YAY I beat the system! laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
p55carroll
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Merdiff wrote:
I'm TOO late!

But since you're new to BGG, you get a consolation prize: 8gg to buy a microbadge of your choice. Welcome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucius Cornelius
United States
Rome
SPQR
flag msg tools
badge
Lord Protector of Nothing in Particular
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, Patrick, sir, for the badge!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
p55carroll
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, everybody, for playing. All prizes awarded, and now I'm free to reset my own microbadges. (I'd better wait, though, or latecomers to this thread will be confused.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meredith
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Patrick Carroll wrote:
Merdiff wrote:
I'm TOO late!

But since you're new to BGG, you get a consolation prize: 8gg to buy a microbadge of your choice. Welcome!

You Sir, are a scholar and a gentleman (and a HUGE sweetheart!) and I thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Merdiff wrote:
Patrick Carroll wrote:
Merdiff wrote:
I'm TOO late!

You Sir, are a scholar and a gentleman (and a HUGE sweetheart!) and I thank you!

a scholar and a gentleman and casue whoever is in your avatar os very cute

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meredith
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
riddlen wrote:
Merdiff wrote:
Patrick Carroll wrote:
Merdiff wrote:
I'm TOO late!

Uhh, what?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Merdiff wrote:
riddlen wrote:
Merdiff wrote:
Patrick Carroll wrote:
Merdiff wrote:
I'm TOO late!

Uhh, what?

it was like 1am... sorry. I meant he is a scholar and a gentleman but also he prolly gave you the gold because whoever is in your avatar is very cute

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meredith
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's me, so... Thanks?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.